PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tarik Glenn retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Glenn Retiring

One positive for the Colts: they should get some cap relief. They still have to cover Glenn's prior signing bonuses on the cap, but his $4.5 mil salary will go away.

Maybe they can sign some defensive help. They're going to need some help on that side of the ball.
The bad news for them - there's nothing out there to sign.

Even though Glenn is an outstanding lineman, I think too much is being made. They still have one of the best offenses in the NFL.

The Colts got where they are on offense because of consistency in personnel. Peyton has had this guy covering his behind HIS ENTIRE CAREER. There will be some growing pains and Manning will feel more pressure this season, and the offense will suffer.

I think this is beginning of the end for Peyton Manning's "prime". Once the personnel he's relied on for years starts to go, his so-called "dominance" will fade into oblivion.

:mad: If true, this is huge. We would have either a rookie or a 2nd year 6th round draft pick protecting Peytons blindside. Aaarrrgghhh!!!!

Doesn't make sense though. Tarik's been quoted as saying he's looking forward to mentoring Ugoh this year, plus he's an unrestricted FA next year. One would think he'd play one more year and then hang 'em up. In the end though, I guess he's gotta do whats right for him and his family.

Sucks for us Colt's fans though.:mad:

The Colts got where they are on offense because of consistency in personnel. Peyton has had this guy covering his behind HIS ENTIRE CAREER. There will be some growing pains and Manning will feel more pressure this season, and the offense will suffer.

I think this is beginning of the end for Peyton Manning's "prime". Once the personnel he's relied on for years starts to go, his so-called "dominance" will fade into oblivion.

:rolleyes:

Howard Mudd's one of the best in the business. He'll have the line ready with or without Tarik.

As for your comments on Peyton, I say, don't hold your breath.

lol I dont care for prayton much but come on now thats a lil over the top haha.

this is what happens when you throw your offensive line under the bus too many times and don't give them quality gifts at the end of the year for protecting him so well

this is what happens when you throw your offensive line under the bus too many times and don't give them quality gifts at the end of the year for protecting him so well
Didn't he bring his entire OLine to Hawaii one year when he went? Maybe it wasn't him, but I thought it was.

I think he is not nearly as good as ESPN thinks he is, but he is a hard guy to dislike personally.

BTW, how come this isn't up at ESPN.COM or anywhere else except that Indy Star rag? Half the time they have their heads up their butts. Maybe he isn't retiring at all?

Any confirmation of this from the Colts fans? Is it true, or just a rumor?

Last edited:
Didn't he bring his entire OLine to Hawaii one year when he went? Maybe it wasn't him, but I thought it was.

I think he is not nearly as good as ESPN thinks he is, but he is a hard guy to dislike personally.

BTW, how come this isn't up at ESPN.COM or anywhere else except that Indy Star rag? Half the time they have their heads up their butts. Maybe he isn't retiring at all?

coltsfreaks.com messageboarders are hearing and reading from the same article. although the thread is labeled "gleen to retire?" I think they're talking about glenn??? We'll find out tomorrow if it's real or not.

Local news called Tarik in Mexico and while he is being mum about the retirement he IS planning on attending MC and an announcement either way can come as early as next week.

It really makes no sense(unless he is just done with it all) as he is on the last year of his contract, is scheduled to make $4.5 million and earlier he said he was excited to tutor Ugoh.
I sure hope he decides to stay for the last year, take the rook under his wing and then retire when the season is done.

If he does retire I wish him all the best and many thanks for his many years of protecting Peyton's blindside.

As for the PB, every year Peyton has been there he has taken the entire offensive line with him.

It really makes no sense(unless he is just done with it all) as he is on the last year of his contract, is scheduled to make $4.5 million and earlier he said he was excited to tutor Ugoh.
I sure hope he decides to stay for the last year, take the rook under his wing and then retire when the season is done.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. He may just be all done. He may not want it any more. He's won a super bowl. He has been to the pro bowl. He's made plenty of money (I assume). Glenn may just not want to play any more. Perhaps he wants to enjoy his family while he still can.

If that is the case, do you want him there, protecting Peyton's blindside, if he truly is not into it mentally.

Hey, I don't know why everyone thinks this is a big deal. If you listen to the "experts" out there, all of their losses so far have been minimal. Why would this be? This only makes their fifth starter they have lost from last year's team (Harper, David, June, Rhodes although his replacement pretty much had taken the lead role away, and now Glenn). Actually it is their seventh starter lost of the starters they started the season with since Monte Reagor was a starter until his car accident and Gilbert Gardner was a starter most of the season.

Hey, there are 22 starters and they only lost 5. That ain't that much.

This could be a devestating blow to the Colts though. Yes, Manning has a really quick release, but Glenn did a great job buying Manning time. Manning can be forced to make mistakes if he is forced out of the pocket especially against 3-4 teams. It is a scary proposition to put a rookie, a low draft pick from last year, or a street free agent picked up in July or August protecting Manning's blindside.

:mad: If true, this is huge. We would have either a rookie or a 2nd year 6th round draft pick protecting Peytons blindside. Aaarrrgghhh!!!!

Doesn't make sense though. Tarik's been quoted as saying he's looking forward to mentoring Ugoh this year, plus he's an unrestricted FA next year. One would think he'd play one more year and then hang 'em up. In the end though, I guess he's gotta do whats right for him and his family.

Sucks for us Colt's fans though.:mad:

What players say publically and what they really feel aren't always the same. In private, Glenn could have been pissed that the Colts were drafting his replacement a year before his contract ended after he gave them a decade of service.

Personally, I don't think there are many players in any sport who are ever excited to be mentoring their replacement especially if Glenn orginally had plans to play beyond this upcoming season.

:rolleyes:

Howard Mudd's one of the best in the business. He'll have the line ready with or without Tarik.

As for your comments on Peyton, I say, don't hold your breath.

Just think 10 years ago, Brett Favre was coming off 3 straight MVP seasons.....he loses some personnel and his game has suffered.

Maybe he's being squeezed by Polian to take a significant pay cut or risk being a training camp cut. This move might put the pressure back on Polian to garuntee his salary this year.

Then again...maybe he's just lost the fire...

Even though Glenn is an outstanding lineman, I think too much is being made. They still have one of the best offenses in the NFL.

I undersand how, as a Dolphins fan, you want to pretend that the offensive line is not a key part of an offense. I would too if I were in your shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes