PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Target the head take the 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Ravens, especially Pollard, target the head intentionally and accept the possibility of the 15 yard penalty.
Both Welker and Hernandez were hit early in the head. I haven't watched the Ravens games too much this year, but have seen more head shots in 2 or 3 than in 18 Pats games. I have a hard time believing its not part of the pla

Practice squad fodder

ya great idea....kill the opposition off one by one...take the penalty and Fine,...win the game and be called violent, arrogant cheaters!!!:bricks:

ya great idea....kill the opposition off one by one...take the penalty and Fine,...win the game and be called violent, arrogant cheaters!!!:bricks:

Well, people already call the Patriots arrogant cheaters so why not just add one more adjective?

You don't need headshots. Haven't you seen some of Spikes/Mayo's hits this year? Perfectly clean and makes them think twice. We just need more of those

The Ravens did seem to do that, though. If Goodell is serious about taking head shots out of the game he's going to have to do something drastic, like ejecting the player.

The Ravens did seem to do that, though. If Goodell is serious about taking head shots out of the game he's going to have to do something drastic, like ejecting the player.

He'd have to take Ray Lewis' c--k out of his mouth to make such a move. This will clearly need to wait until after the Super Bowl.

their hits were fine. The two calls that went against them were borderline calls.

FWIW Mayo had a text book hit on Pitta.

Am i the only one who thought the hits weren't that bad? Catches over the middle in heavy traffic and Ridley lowered his head on that Pollard hit.

I think last week Foster or whoever did the same thing and gave McCourty a nice shot to the head that way.

The thing is with the Ravens they are good enough to give the head shots and overcome the 15 yards.
I was at the game last night and watch Welker wobble back to the line of scrimmage.

their hits were fine. The two calls that went against them were borderline calls.

FWIW Mayo had a text book hit on Pitta.

No, I know they were. I'm just saying, players and coaches seem to be willing to take the penalty if they can get the opposing team Alligator Arm-ing. However if a helmet to helmet shot became an automatic ejection, players would have to adjust.

You know, for all the (earned) hate thrown his way, I would like having Pollard on this team. He is a very physical player and a huge hitter. I'd take him over any of our Safety's. Him and McCourty would be a killer combination.

You're a fool to think that's NOT exactly what happens.

Think of a modern NFL offense - how easy it is to give up 15 yards on a single play, especially to our offense.

15 yards is nothing. Smash away, what do you have to lose?

Think of a modern NFL offense - how easy it is to give up 15 yards on a single play, especially to our offense.

Thank you! The Pats top 3 skill players take head shots, 2 of them early in the game and it's a coincidence of aggressive play, how did the forty niners, and Seahawks avoid the head. If you know you can get Welker, who has a history of head shots, early in the game he might react slower during the game. Fact is Baltimore is a serial offender in this regard.

The OP does have a point. I was yelling at my TV "Hit those MF'ers". This secondary, without Talib, just falls apart. WTF is that. You cant rely on one guy. There was no question they were out to beat up our players. Gang tackling, late hits on players after the play.... I have no problem with it, but hit em' back, right in the mouth. They just looked soft. The same things seem to never get fully corrected. I just want TB to get another ring. I can relish that forever. Another "window closing" season. It frustrates the $h!t out of me that they play so well to this point and lay down in the BIG game. Oh well, I'm already over it. We still have a great team that got us fans to another great season. :cool:

I would be happy if we had a defense that punched the other team in the mouth every play and walked the line between legal and illegal hits. If that means being one of the most penalized teams in the league then fine. We were going to give up those yards anyway.

Probably going to be blasted for this but, I wish they had signed Pollard after he left houston. He's a dbag but he keeps hurting our guys. I can't even recall him injuring any players on any other teams. Had pats gotten him instead of baltimore they have at least one more lombardi. I like Gregory but, I'd rather have a hard hitter there.

Field position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back