PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

tanked prospect of the day....mitch king

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I can tell, he's Dan Klecko.

king is faster ....... but yeah, that's what you invest late picks in......he could be the guy that replaces izzo as the special teams ace and plays situationally on the defense

king is faster ....... but yeah, that's what you invest late picks in......he could be the guy that replaces izzo as the special teams ace and plays situationally on the defense

Somebody said it before that this kid has the Colts written all over him where he is a bit undersized but has a serious motor. During Senior Bowl practices he was too quick for some of the guards and centers and reminds me of Trevor Laws from last year.

One thing I noticed from the Super Bowl was that Darnell Docket was getting alot of pressure on Big Ben playing nose in a three man line at 280lbs when they went nickle. I think Indy might have the same idea with King if they get him.

King made some plays in the Senior Bowl. I wouldn't say he's another Klecko, he's more of a cross between Mike Wright and Klecko. Smaller than Wright but faster than Klecko. If he gained twenty pounds or so he might be a 4-3 DT. I don't think he has the speed and agility to be a good 4-3 DE and I don't remember seeing him on ST's.

He's not a fit for NE's two-gap, as a one-gap penetrator he's a pleasure to watch. NYG could work him into their rotation doing what Justin Tuck did inside to Koppen & Co. Buffalo and Indy are other options. Likeable player, hope he torments the NFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes