Welcome to PatsFans.com

Tank Williams "Feeling Good"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Leave No Doubt, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

From Chris' article:
    Christopher Price | Patriots Look To Get Work In Before Break
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +900 / 17 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Eh, too injury prone. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do last year before he went down. If he can stay healthy, he could be a significant contribution to this D. However, that's a big IF.
  3. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I hate to knock a guy as "injury prone," but when you sign as a FA and the big risk is "he is always hurt," and then the guy immediately gets hurt, well, it usually isn't a good sign.

But it's a roster spot between him and McGowan, so if he can stay healthy and win the spot, good for him.
  4. Christopher_Price

Christopher_Price Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

As you guys said, whether or not he can stay healthy is a HUGE if. I think if (there's that word again) he can, he'll be an intriguing piece of the defense, a guy who could do lots of different things. But with him, there's always the injuries....
  5. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's too early to be so negative;) That said I'd love to see him be able to contribute for at least part of the season, maybe off and on or whatever. We have some of the best trainers and conditioning coaches in the league so Xfingers crossedX
  6. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +102 / 25 / -17

No Jersey Selected

Even if he doesn't suffer another injury, his loss of explosiveness & COD ability will be exposed during the pre-season games, but I'd still rather have him on STs than Alexander & Ciurciu.

The Safeties should be: Chung, Stomper, Lil' Jimmy & McGowan. Bubba & Spann are next in line. Tank should be ahead of Alexander & Ciurciu on the ST Only/Defense depth chart.

It's too bad, because I wanted the FO to sign Tank after the 2005 season, during which Rodney suffered the first of his catastrophic injuries. I thought he would be the perfect successor/backup/insurance for Rodney. Unfortunately for Tank, he suffered a season-ending knee injury during Vikings' TC in '06. And health hasn't gone well for either of them since then.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.