PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tampering??? (merged: Pats File Tampering Charge Against Jets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
On two Jest boards, they are reporting that the Patriots are expected to file tampering charges againts the Jest.

They got the info from Mort on ESPN, supposedly.

Re: Tampering???

I can confirm Mort did say this on ESPN. I heard it.

So what's the penalty for that? Their #1 pick? :D

Does this mean that they think the Jets precipitated the holdout by whispering into Chayut's ear?

Ceresco said:
I can confirm Mort did say this on ESPN. I heard it.

For what? Didn't they give Deion permission to negotiate with other teams?

If its true then i hope they go for it.

If its just some rumor then it will die accordingly.

DefenseRules said:
For what? Didn't they give Deion permission to negotiate with other teams?
What if they were in contact before permission was granted?

I know there was going to be some fact-finding work today regarding the grievances, maybe something came out of that.

Mangini putting a call through to DB saying "Come play for me" before the trade permission announced? Chayut working deals in the background prior to having permission? Hard to say....assuming it's true.

EDIT: BradyisGod was reading my mind as I was typing

Last edited:

patchick said:
Does this mean that they think the Jets precipitated the holdout by whispering into Chayut's ear?

Who knows what evil lies in the heart of Mangini?

I would assume that this took place before the "permission" was given. Has to be, if true.

If tampering were proven, what might happen as a punishment?

All Mort said was, "The Patriots are thinking about filing tampering charges against the New York Jets in regards to Deion Branch"

That was it...Hopefully he will say more during SportsCenter.

And it continues....

Jeez what a total mess the whole situation turned into. If the Pats think they have a case, however, they should go for it, as long as it doesn't distract from play.

So much bad blood between the Pats and the Jets.

I Knew It!!! They switched Brady for Pennington! It has to be, 3 for 11 in the first half! O the Humanity!

Last edited:

PATSNUTme said:
Who knows what evil lies in the heart of Mangini?

I would assume that this took place before the "permission" was given. Has to be, if true.

I don't think it's just in his heart. I think there's a whole evil person living inside him.

Leon's getting larger if you know what I mean.

Hoodie said:
I don't think it's just in his heart. I think there's a whole evil person living inside him.

Leon's getting larger if you know what I mean.
LOL
Man he has put on some serious poundage in the offseason. I was shocked when I saw him on sportscenter last night.

This is actually kind of interesting. If they get a high draft pick out of this, that would be insane. I'm sure these things are very very hard to prove.

However it turns out, I love it! I'm all for making a rivalry even more heated. More the controversy the better :)

For the last time...if a team is found guilty of tampering thier pick does not go to another team. they simply lose the pick. So if the Jets were ever found guilty, the pick they lost would simply dissapear. The Pats would not get it.

Proving Tampering is virtually imposible. You must rock solid proof in order to get anywhere. I don't think the Pats expect to get anywhere with it (unless BB has some bugs around JETS headqaurters form his JET days.)

Last edited:

There is no way the league would give the Patriots a high draft choice. Short of an egregious act by someone on the Jets. I am sure the league wants the Jets to become respectable as soon as possible.

KDPpatsfan said:
For the last time...if a team is found guilty of tampering thier pick does not go to another team. they simply lose the pick. So if the Jets were ever found guilty, the pick they lost would simply dissapear. The Pats would not get it.
Correct-o-mundo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing