PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tampering and draft picks

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
When do we find out if we get to swap picks with the Jets? We are running out to time for this year's draft...

When do we find out if we get to swap picks with the Jets? We are running out to time for this year's draft...
Any day now, the Jets will be awarded our 2016 #1 draft pick for Kraft tampering with Revis.
Our 2015 #1 draft pick will be forfeited for one underinflated football.

The NFL knows that the Jets are guilty and they are waiting so that they can push the picks off to the 2016 draft. Its amazing that if you think back, the Pats lost a first round pick after a two day investigation.

The NFL knows that the Jets are guilty and they are waiting so that they can push the picks off to the 2016 draft. Its amazing that if you think back, the Pats lost a first round pick after a two day investigation.
I think the deflategate thing and the tampering charges are intertwined. The punishment for
using underinflated footballs will be lessened if the Patriots agree to drop the tampering charges
against the NFL's favorite team.

Some of the rumblings by Insiders is that it will be a loss of a 2016 pick for the Jets.. let's see if it comes out before the draft.

I agree that it's bullsh.t. The Revis tamper was as clear cut as they get and the league office is deliberately putting it off until 2016. This certainly provide girl to the argument that the NFL League Office is out to screw the Patriots any way they can.

I agree that it's bullsh.t. The Revis tamper was as clear cut as they get and the league office is deliberately putting it off until 2016. This certainly provide girl to the argument that the NFL League Office is out to screw the Patriots any way they can.

As much as I love to pile on the League Office but as was already pointed out multiple times every punishment handed out this offseason was aimed at the 2016 season.

As much as I love to pile on the League Office but as was already pointed out multiple times every punishment handed out this offseason was aimed at the 2016 season.

None were offenses affecting a specific team for this season.

Unlike the two commissioners before him, goddell is not a lawyer. Maybe he is taking extra time and betting this out with council because his lack of legalese has caused the nfl a bit of a publicity nightmare.

At this rate I expect nothing.....maybe they are trying to cancel out the Woody comments versus the Kraft comments and trying to find a palatable explanation so that way they can F**K us and get the other fans to not question their abuse of authority.

They are however finding a way to dock us another 1st because of an untimely bathroom break:rolleyes:....they've already ignored the science and won't touch that side of it because they know they look stupid enough

It is pretty infuriating. The tampering was clear-cut and the Patriots should swap third round pick with Jets THIS DRAFT! I wish the Patriots and the media would raise a stink about it; it is as if everyone has forgotten about it. I cannot believe that the league office would be stupid enough to fall for the Jet's ruse of a counter-claim of tampering...

I have been listening for news about this, but all I hear is crickets. The local media has finally picked up on the foot-dragging by the Wells investigation, but nothing on this. The tampering by the Jets is as clear cut as you can get based on previous infractions and penalties. Based on precedent, the Patriots and Jets should swap thirds (wouldn't that be nice!).

I think the deflategate thing and the tampering charges are intertwined. The punishment for
using underinflated footballs will be lessened if the Patriots agree to drop the tampering charges
against the NFL's favorite team.

It is not, strictly speaking, against the rules to be using underinflated footballs.

It is a problem if the Patriots actively tampered with the pressure inside the footballs. Hell, even punishing the Patriots for that is hypocritical, since they didn't even fine the Vikings and Panthers for doing it last year.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back