PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tampa trades for TE Winslow [mergedx4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mangini trades Winslow away... [merged]

Pittsburgh has pretty much been safe in that divison since I could walk(im 35 now)!!! Dont think this move has much impact on that.

Re: Mangini trades Winslow away...

Winslow reminds me of Moss, he's a bad guy when he's on a bad team. He's gives 100%, though, I don't see him as a bad guy and he was one of the few real talents on the Browns.

Yeah, I agree. The Browns don't have the talent to be letting guys like this go...although that always seems to be the case.

Evidently ESPN is saying it's a #2 and #3. But it's not close to confirmed yet.
Just read that Shefter said it's a #2 this year and a #5 next year.

I also heard a rumor that they are going after Housh. Trying to build a passing game maybe? Maybe Cassel is next?

NFL.com Blogs Adam Schefter

Last edited:
Re: Tampa trades for TE Winslow

Duplicate thread, but I think if they acquire Whoseyourmamma that people's theories that they are on a 3 year plan are out the window. TJ is too old for a 3 year plan. It would mean that adding Cassel would be more likely if they do bolster the receiving corp.

Makes one think.....

Tampa has a ton of money to spend. Land a couple more draft picks in 2009. They target Winslow, TJ Houzmandzadeh and tag Antonio Bryant. And they don't event have a QB?

This is where some idiot says... "they have Luke McCown" and I respond, "so what!"

Kurt Warner seems like a great option here, but one has to agree that a Derek Anderson or Matt Cassel sound like they are required to finish the Tampa Bay puzzle.

Bucs get a good player...they are supposedly after Housh.....But who is throwing to them???:D

Well according to Tampa Bay Fox 13, Cassel will be!!!

Kurt Warner

The bucs have the cap space to sign warner. I think it will mostly likely be warner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back