PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tampa to cut Griese, possible vetran QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear Corey McIntyre might be available at RB too!

He almost signed Tim Rattay and/or Chris Simms last year.

There are other qbs that were signed in the past (during BB era) that weren't exactly successful.

Jim Miller and John Freisz come to mind.

Almost only counts in horseshoes. And Miller led the Bears to a division title and a 13-3 record in 2001. Played well in 2000 also until he got suspended for using an OTC supplement that had a banned substance in it. His problem was he was incredibly injury prone. He was never healthy enough to even serve as the #2 here, so he spent the season as the #3 behind Rohan.

Freisz also had his moments but was injury prone. And he was added to backup Bledsoe in Bill's first season here, before he ever met Brady and re-wrote the book on what a NEP QB needed to be...

No... If he felt that Cassel wasn't going to cut it, 1 of them would have been signed.

BB almost drafted Rattay instead of TFB fwiw...

My point, though, is that Belichick had scheduled those visits before TFB's injury. It's not like he freaked out all of a sudden the Monday after, and then changed their mind after Rattay and Simms arrived in New England.

I doubt Belioli would have signed either of them, even (especially) if Brady hadn't been injured.

Last edited:
My point, though, is that Belichick had scheduled those visits before TFB's injury. It's not like he freaked out all of a sudden the Monday after, and then changed their mind after Rattay and Simms arrived in New England.

I doubt Belioli would have signed either of them, even (especially) if Brady hadn't been injured.

I won't disagree that I liked the outcome of Cassel.

He sure changed my mind (after the pre-season).

He doesn't exactly have the same weapons now in KC.

Almost only counts in horseshoes. And Miller led the Bears to a division title and a 13-3 record in 2001. Played well in 2000 also until he got suspended for using an OTC supplement that had a banned substance in it. His problem was he was incredibly injury prone. He was never healthy enough to even serve as the #2 here, so he spent the season as the #3 behind Rohan.

Freisz also had his moments but was injury prone. And he was added to backup Bledsoe in Bill's first season here, before he ever met Brady and re-wrote the book on what a NEP QB needed to be...

Yeah, yeah... that and hand grenades.

They were pedestrian at best.

This KOC kid, he possibly has a bright future ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back