PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tampa Bay Could Miss the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpatriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2005/12/28/ramblings/scramble/3426/

Found this article interesting, and it helps give better understanding to how playoff scenarios work for people like me that don't understand it.

Apparantly, Tampa is out of the playoffs with:
Washington win, Carolina win, Dallas win, Tampa loss, Giants loss, San Diego loss, Kansas City loss, San Francisco loss, Arizona loss
OR
Washington win, Carolina win, Dallas win, Minnesota win, Buffalo win, Green Bay win, Miami win, Tampa loss, Giants loss

Man, that must have taken awhile to figure out.

Tampa Bay will beat New Orleans and we will have a dominating 28-0 victory over the NFC South Champs(and #3 seed) on our resume.

All they have to do is beat the Saints at home.

Last edited:
They're playing the Saints. They're in.

drpatriot said:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2005/12/28/ramblings/scramble/3426/

Found this article interesting, and it helps give better understanding to how playoff scenarios work for people like me that don't understand it.

Apparantly, Tampa is out of the playoffs with:
Tampa loss, San Diego loss, Kansas City loss, San Francisco loss, Arizona loss
OR
Minnesota win, Buffalo win, Green Bay win, Miami win, Tampa loss, Giants loss

OK . . . so all the Bucs need to have for that nightmare scenario to come true is:

Washington d. Philadelphia, AND Carolina d. Atlanta, AND Dallas d. St. Louis, AND

*either* Oakland d. Giants, AND Denver d. San Diego, AND Cincinnati d. Kansas City, AND Houston d. San Francisco, AND Indianapolis d. Arizona

*or* Minnesota d. Chicago, AND Buffalo d. Jets, AND Green Bay d. Seattle(!) AND Miami d. New England, AND Oakland d. Giants . . .

AND New Orleans d. Tampa Bay on the road.

Obviously, as a Pats fan, I don't see (B) happening. But, you know, (A) just might happen. Frankly, though, if the Bucs can't beat the Saints at home, I'm not sure they deserve to make the playoffs. . . .

OR

Washington d. Philadelphia, AND Carolina d. Atlanta, AND Dallas d. St. Louis, AND Oakland d. Giants, AND Denver d. San Diego, AND Cincinnati d. Kansas City, AND Houston d. San Francisco, AND Indianapolis d. Arizona . . . AND New Orleans d. Tampa Bay

So, in other words, if they can't beat

Tampa Bay missing the playoffs, leading to less money in the Glazers' coffers? Damn, what a shame THAT would be. I can't imagine them doing well in any case, having seen them play some team recently who shut them out. Now, who was it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back