PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tampa Bay Bucs Free Agent DE Michael Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsgofor4

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Would be a great DE bookend with Jones. Good size (6'4", 274 lbs). The Pats got a nice look at him last preseason - two days of joint practices with Tampa and the preseason game (he sacked Brady). In addition to 9 sacks, he had 48 QB pressures, good for 3rd among 4-3 DEs last year. Seems to be an ascending player. He is also supposed to be fairly stout against the run. I'm not sure where that would leave Ninkovich, unless they shift him to LB.

BB seems likely to spend on the DL this month. Where he spends the $$ probably will depend on whether his priority is finding a pass rushing DE or a penetrating DT to pair with Vince.

Would be a great DE bookend with Jones. Good size (6'4", 274 lbs). The Pats got a nice look at him last preseason - two days of joint practices with Tampa and the preseason game (he sacked Brady). In addition to 9 sacks, he had 48 QB pressures, good for 3rd among 4-3 DEs last year. Seems to be an ascending player. He is also supposed to be fairly stout against the run. I'm not sure where that would leave Ninkovich, unless they shift him to LB.

BB seems likely to spend on the DL this month. Where he spends the $$ probably will depend on whether his priority is finding a pass rushing DE or a penetrating DT to pair with Vince.

He is certainly an interesting player and someone the Pats should consider. But, was this past year just a fluke? Before 2012, he had 6 sacks in 3 years. He had a monster year last year, but was it a result of him finally coming into his own or was it an example of a player being motivated in a contract year (i.e. Tully Banta Cain)?

He is certainly an interesting player and someone the Pats should consider. But, was this past year just a fluke? Before 2012, he had 6 sacks in 3 years. He had a monster year last year, but was it a result of him finally coming into his own or was it an example of a player being motivated in a contract year (i.e. Tully Banta Cain)?
Based on the tape, he's legit.

can you post the link for the tape?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back