PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tammy Faye at the Pearly Gates

wistahpatsfan

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Does she get in because she "saw the light" or does she go to heck?

...For many, the TV image of then-Mrs. Bakker forgiving husband Jim's infidelities, tears streaking her cheeks with mascara, became a symbol for the wages of greed and hypocrisy in 1980s America.

She divorced her husband of 30 years in 1992 while he was in prison for defrauding millions from followers of their PTL television ministries. The letters stood for "Praise the Lord" or "People that Love."...

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ob...e_with_ex_husband_that_crumbled_amid_scandal/

Last edited:

...For many, the TV image of then-Mrs. Bakker forgiving husband Jim's infidelities, tears streaking her cheeks with mascara, became a symbol for the wages of greed and hypocrisy in 1980s America.

She divorced her husband of 30 years in 1992 while he was in prison for defrauding millions from followers of their PTL television ministries. The letters stood for "Praise the Lord" or "People that Love."...

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ob...e_with_ex_husband_that_crumbled_amid_scandal/

Why wouldnt she go to Heaven? She had faith in her Lord all throughout.
Its not about being a perfect person. Sometimes many Christians forget that as well.

Prayers go out to the family.

Why wouldnt she go to Heaven? She had faith in her Lord all throughout.
Its not about being a perfect person. Sometimes many Christians forget that as well.

Prayers go out to the family.
I was being sarcastic...I take it you are, too.:rofl:

She should have been in prison for screwing all those people out of their money, not to mention ripping off everyone else with their tax-exemptions.

I was being sarcastic...I take it you are, too.:rofl:

She should have been in prison for screwing all those people out of their money, not to mention ripping off everyone else with their tax-exemptions.

well, thats an entirely different question. And I cant really argue with you there.

Billy Blue Dress bit his lip and carried a little bible in his hand every Sunday morning for the Camera's, will that get him into Heaven?

I wonder if Billy has been to church since he left the White House,
(with his pockets full of knives and forks)

Billy Blue Dress bit his lip and carried a little bible in his hand every Sunday morning for the Camera's, will that get him into Heaven?

I wonder if Billy has been to church since he left the White House,
(with his pockets full of knives and forks)

carrying your Bible doesnt get you to Heaven in and of itself. The Bible says he would have needed to accept ************ as his Lord and Savior. Since nobody can see into another persons heart, that is a question none of us can answer.

The question isnt if we think someone else's Salvation is secure or not, its whether or not we are sure of our own.

Every human sins... you have to ask God into your life and ask for forgiveness and mean it.

If you do this, you will go to heaven.

People try to make it so much harder than it really is.

If you really want to know where Tammy is right now, she is in the ground...about 6 feet down...and will always be there. Not in heaven or hell or anywhere else in the mythical universe. She is dead and buried and that's it. In life, she helped her hubby screw lots of people that trusted her/him and reeped the rewards. She lived a nice life, spent a lot of money, and then died. The End.

Of course, when they dig her up 3000 years from now, her makeup will have perserved her perfectly, like the Egyptian mummies. Maybe they'll think she was some kind of queen, like Cleopatra. I think she looked more like a used up truckstop waitress.

she was a rug muncher fwiw...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back