PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talks Break Off - Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhamz

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
So says Mort on ESPN.

He says that players broke off talks at 6:30 PM.

Just heard this as well....Buch of idiots!!!! Bring it on..as much as I really hate what is going on with the NFL, if these bozos can not see what will happen, they need a REAL lesson to smack em side the head. Sunday Bloody Sunday!!

what else did you expect

Pats726 said:
Sunday Bloody Sunday!!

Yee-Haw! U2 couldn't have sung it any better! Time to get out the popcorn and watch the ax fly!

Lone gunman breaks into talks and goes postal screaming "Make up your F%$#*&^ minds."

Sorry just a fantasy:D .

Also means Willie will be cut in the next few hours depending on if his bonus is due. Poole too?

Last edited:
Wow, I thought they were going to get it done this time.

BelichickFan said:
Wow, I thought they were going to get it done this time.
I think they are truly stupid...let the, fall into the abyss of stupidity and take the league with it..once it is done there is no chance of any recovery..so if you think it will get better forget it..Maybe when they see how their legacies will go into the crapper they will realize how dumb they were...Let the cuts begin!!!

To the NFLPA and the stupid owners, this kid expresses my feelings to them.
middle_finger_kid.jpg

This really sucks, thought there was reason for optimism up to now, but now it seems that the bottom line is greed on both sides.

Did Mort actually say...players??? Figures the least informed and most seriously impacted group would call it a day. Did they vote??? :rofl:

If Gene keeps this up much longer he might do well to consider the high percentage of "players" who have an inordinate fascination with firearms.

NFL All Access just came on and Eisen and Schefter look ashen. They are still talking about a deadline extension for the ax to fall and FA to commence but are not talking about extending the actual talks about an agreement. Schefter says the league extended the cap compliance deadline to 10PM eastern, but they cannot extend it any further unless the union agrees to.

This post earlier today on Indy Star about sums up the situation:

6 Hours Ago
tboz51
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2005

Can someone help me with the CBA stuff?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay apparently they are hung up on like 2 things still.

Owners want to give 56%
Players want to get 60%

Plus some other NFL owners, profit, blah blah blah.

Question:

WHY DO THEY NEED TO MEET FOR 11 HOURS OVER 4 PERCENTAGE POINTS?

What do they do in this meeting?

"Hey I want 60."

"We offer 56."

"Okay, NFL I am going to write a number down here, 60?"

"Well, NFLPA, I am going to write a number down here, 56"

And on and on, and on and on for 11 straight hours?

You lawyer's out there sucking the life off this planet.

MoLewisrocks said:
Did Mort actually say...players??? Figures the least informed and most seriously impacted group would call it a day. Did they vote??? :rofl:

If Gene keeps this up much longer he might do well to consider the high percentage of "players" who have an inordinate fascination with firearms.

NFL All Access just came on and Eisen and Schefter look ashen. They are still talking about a deadline extension for the ax to fall and FA to commence but are not talking about extending the actual talks about an agreement. Schefter says the league extended the cap compliance deadline to 10PM eastern, but they cannot extend it any further unless the union agrees to.

This post earlier today on Indy Star about sums up the situation:

6 Hours Ago
tboz51
Registered User Join Date: Jan 2005

Can someone help me with the CBA stuff?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay apparently they are hung up on like 2 things still.

Owners want to give 56%
Players want to get 60%

Plus some other NFL owners, profit, blah blah blah.

Question:

WHY DO THEY NEED TO MEET FOR 11 HOURS OVER 4 PERCENTAGE POINTS?

What do they do in this meeting?

"Hey I want 60."

"We offer 56."

"Okay, NFL I am going to write a number down here, 60?"

"Well, NFLPA, I am going to write a number down here, 56"

And on and on, and on and on for 11 straight hours?

You lawyer's out there sucking the life off this planet.

They missed the part where each side says "I have to check with my manager, but I don't think he's going to go for it".

Last edited:
I don't even pay attention to this crap anymore.

The entire thing's a friggin merry-go-round designed to play with minds until it matters.

anim106.gif

I think Ian should put a graphic of a switch on the header with the markings ON and OFF on it. Whenever the media says the talks are on and a CBA is close it should be switched to ON and when talks break down to OFF. It's starting to get confusing with all the different "Deal close" "Talks Dead" threads. Heck maybee it can even have a timer on it that says how many times the swithc has been ON and how many times it has been OFF. This is getting comical. Sad, but comical non the less. I mean how many times can you be close to a deal and then walk away from the table? Are these people talking the same language or are some of them talking Klingon and some Vulcan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back