PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talking heads = Revis not important against SEA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I've heard some of the dopey talking heads on the radio comment that Revis's effectiveness is nullified against a running team like Seattle with no dominant WR.

STUPIDITY.

With a highly successful running team...what's better than to be able to commit 8 or 9 Guys to the box because you don't have to worry about any potential receiving threat ala Revis

With Revis and McCourty playing safety valve, Chung and Browner can free themselves up against the run a bit. With a lesser CB..you don't have that flexibility. I expect ****y Seattle to test that safety valve. So how important is Revis?

Last edited:
I have had to turn off the radio several times this week as it has descended into unbearable depths of idiocy...

Revis makes everyone on the defense better....

I think Revis and Browner are Key. People over-look the fact that Seattle gained more yards rushing and more yards passing than GB! Yes, Seattle kept kicking themselves but they outplayed GB.

Revis, Browner and Arrington are going to have to completely shut down the Seattle passing game. No long balls and no 3rd down conversions. Seattle beat Denver last year because of their passing game and Defense, not their running game.

The play of the corners will be huge in this game. They will allow the Patriots to bring a safety down into the box and help contain the run/Wilson.

It will be extremely important to have corners that can shut down the receivers to prevent Wilson from making plays on the run.

Must be a very few Idiot talking heads then. All I'm hearing is how important it is to stop the run and for the secondary being able to do its job. Especially when Wilson is throwing on the run.

120148-jerry-seinfeld-kramer-mind-blo-Bi6l.gif

Who among us felt last summer that re-signing Chung would be a key element in our defense and a key asset in the SB? Not I!

Morons.

As others have stated, Revis erasing Baldwin is huge.

After that there will be a TON of different looks that Wilson will have to deal with.

I don't see Browner matched up on Kearse the entire game. I see Ryan & Arrington on Kearse & Richardson w/ DMC providing over the top help.

Between Browner/Collins/HT/Chung I see them covering Luke Wilson & spying on Lynch and R. Wilson.

Revis is huge for the run defense. He can take Baldwin by himself. Browner can take Kearse with McCourty over the top and the rest of the defense can be dedicated to playing closer to the line and stopping the run and Wilson scrambling.

When you have a shutdown CB who can take away the other team's primary WR when that offense lacks a lot of receiving weapons and are a run first team, that is a huge advantage. Other than maybe tthe Chiefs, the teams that have run on the Pats for a lot of yards have a lot of receivers. The Seahawks basically have two.

Also on nfln they said earl Thomas might be Mvp because he is such a good tackler and run/pass safety. Do they forget he dislocated his shoulder? I just find it hard he is gonna be hitting hard and is gonna wanna limit his tackles.

Must be a very few Idiot talking heads then. All I'm hearing is how important it is to stop the run and for the secondary being able to do its job. Especially when Wilson is throwing on the run.

Please share the sports radio station you listen to with me. I'd much rather hear that kind of insight.

The afternoon team of the highest rated sports radio station in town feels oppositely.

Last edited:
they SORT of have a point. Wilson will be selective and take his shot so Revis better be ready....they ALL need to be ready.

Revis is always important. /thread

Please share the sports radio station you listen to with me. I'd much rather here that kind of insight.

The afternoon team of the highest rated sports radio station in town feels oppositely.

Haven't listened to weei the fan or anything local all week. Espn was ****canned forever. Basically I only listen to Sirius. For the most part they have had pretty good breakdowns all week. To me it's worth the 12 bucks a month.

Who among us felt last summer that re-signing Chung would be a key element in our defense and a key asset in the SB? Not I!

I thought it was an excellent signing and I'm not at all surprised that he's been a productive starter for the Pats. He has a particular skill set that the Pats needed, a complement to McCourtey's center field position.

Not if we stack the box and force Wilson to throw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing