PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talk about your SB viewing crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who say they aren't watching the Super Bowl because they "aren't interested" are huge babies.

How can you be a fan of football and not want to see this game?

Answer: you can't.

I didn't want to watch any potential Rams/Titans games during the regular season, either. Not all games inspire an equal desire to watch. True story....

Now you're just trolling. :)

I'm rooting for the Ravens. It was great to root for them against Denver 3 weeks ago and I'm expecting continued great things from them. I'm also neighbors with a big Ravens fan across the street.

That being said, it'll just be the family at our house enjoying the food and the game. I'm tired of watching the Super Bowl with people who don't care about football.

BTW, it would never occur to me (as a football fan) to not watch the Super Bowl. Disappointment (and lack of PatsFans activity the past 12 days) aside, I'll watch and enjoy because I'm a football fan. I guess I'm this way in part because the Patriots were so often irrelevant that I am first and foremost and football fan, not simply a Pats fan. That's also why I watch 9 football games a week. :)

Early indications as per the media are that this may very well be the least watched SB of the 21st century...

becasue look at the fan base....49ers have a big fan base..but balt? Small fan base..not what the NFL wants..They want the patriots,steelers, dallas ect

ticket prices are the lowest right now since 2000..and will drop to face value right before the game..

becasue look at the fan base....49ers have a big fan base..but balt? Small fan base..not what the NFL wants..They want the patriots,steelers, dallas ect

ticket prices are the lowest right now since 2000..and will drop to face value right before the game..

Agreed.... Somehow this years SB does not seem to interest me,Many of my friends who used to throw a SB viewing party each year are not doing so this year. I missed the pro bowl game, i had no idea it was on till after the game when i heard of the final score on the internet.
I will only watch the SB when i am pretty sure that the Ravens are going to lose. And i will enjoy every moment of that experience in Brilliant HD True 3D Surround sound :rocker:

Absolutely. Nothing about this game catches my interest.

Fair enough. If I didn't have an intense hate for the Ravens I'd probably have trouble finding interest in it as well. Ironically the last SB that least interested me also had the Ravens in it too (2000). And that game was awful.

But like I said, for me I want to see these guys buried so bad as their window closes.

Absolutely. Nothing about this game catches my interest.

I get that there isn't much secondary intrigue other than the brothers which is boring and rooting against the Ravens which I will do.

But there is the primary intrigue which is 2 very good football teams that through 16 regular season games set themselves up for a playoff run and who combined went 7-0 in the playoffs beating the best the league has to offer and they are now playing eachother for the games highest honor.

Again I dont really see how one can claim to be a football fan and take it as far as going on internet message boards to discuss it and not want to watch this game. Its insane.

But there is the primary intrigue which is 2 very good football teams that through 16 regular season games set themselves up for a playoff run and who combined went 7-0 in the playoffs beating the best the league has to offer and they are now playing eachother for the games highest honor.

Again I dont really see how one can claim to be a football fan and take it as far as going on internet message boards to discuss it and not want to watch this game. Its insane.

I probably watch more non-Patriots NFL games than 95% of the posters on this board, and I've got more posts than anyone on this board (I believe), so I'm reasonably sure that I do more than just claim to be a football fan, since I put in the time to back up that "claim". I choose not to watch the game because nothing about it interests me. This shouldn't be hard to grasp.

• Lewis' "could be his last game" stuff is now irrelevant. Win or lose, there is no tomorrow.
  • Flacco's a whiny little **** and he makes Ravens games very difficult to watch
  • The Harbaughs are sharing practice facilities, for crying out loud
  • The 49ers have two topics of any interest: Kaepernick, potentially strained relationships with the homosexuals in SF, and I don't care about either

You're welcome to view that as compelling viewing. I put it slightly above paint drying, but far below prepping and seeding for the upcoming spring planting, which is probably what I'll be doing.

I have posted for two weeks that I am not watching the game, but then a friend of ours texted me, "our house or yours on Sunday?" and my husband confessed that he has invited people over. Sigh.

So, I will be watching with a bunch of disappointed Pats fans (none bigger than myself) with a large supply of vino. Luckily my texting friend isn't much of a football fan (her husband is), so I will probably be successful in missing all but the highlights. Go 49ers. Yay (sarcasm).

We will not be tuning in. I'm still making the same meal I had planned (braised short ribs and mushroom risotto) and then my wife, sons, and I will be watching The Dark Knight Rises. It works out, because my wife was in the Philippines when Rises came out so this will be her first time seeing it.

My biggest reasons are disliking both Harbaugh's and not being able to stomach Ray Lewis' blubbering win or lose. The only player I am remotely interested in is Randy Moss, but it's not enough to outweigh the reasons I don't want to bother watching. Also, I am a bigger Patriots fan than NFL fan, and am still bitter that the Pats aren't in it. Childish? Irrational? Sure is, but whatever. :confused2:

Just got back from the store, with some new seed packages. I'll be doing inventory and getting starter plants up and running tonight.

A little light garden prepwork and some Celtic music for me...

me, myself and i and no i will not watch the half time show

I just want to see lewis cry when he loses

People not watching = sore losers :cry2::cry2::cry2:.... :rofl:

Up until the start of the 2nd half I love the Super Bowl ... always fun at my house.

After the start of the 2nd half unfortunately the game is not always good.

I actually have always been a Frank Gore fan ... watching Kaepernick.

Last edited:
Just got back from the store, with some new seed packages. I'll be doing inventory and getting starter plants up and running tonight.

A little light garden prepwork and some Celtic music for me...

Do your starter plants look like this? :)

03-k2-marijuana-seeds.jpg

Do your starter plants look like this? :)

No, although I like that setup. I'm just doing veggies right now. The herbs (basil, etc...) come later, but that particular herb is not on the grow list. :(

I was at the Bonefish Grill for dinner. Unfortunately I caught a glimpse on the bar TV of this over the top drama queen during the national anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes