Welcome to PatsFans.com

Talk about religious oppression!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +266 / 10 / -11

Great news, atheists are standing up more and more in these times of religious lunacy around the world. My guess is this a movement that will grow, because we all know how much doubt there really is out there.

‘We Are Stronger’: Atheists To Hold Massive Rally On National Mall Next Month « CBS DC

WASHINGTON, D.C. (CBSDC) – Thousands of atheists are expected to attend the Reason Rally next month in Washington, D.C., an event that organizers hope will unify a large part of the secular community.

On March 24, the National Mall will be populated by those who sympathize with atheist perspectives, generally defined by an absence in belief of deities or other religious icons.

The website for the event states that organizers aim to encourage participants to claim their identity as what they call “secular Americans,” to dispel stereotypes, and to rally for legislative equality.

David Silverman, a chair for the Reason Rally Coalition and president of American Atheists, said that participants are motivated by positivity.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That oughtta be fun! Think any religious people will show up with their words of love and peace?

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

I've never been a big fan of organized religion but I watched the Whitney Houston Funeral today, anti christians must of hated it, Jesus God, God Jesus they sang, they preaced, they cried, and they sang again all about Jesus and God and all about how Whitney loved her God and Jesus and how she carried her old beat Bible everywhere she went, I wonder what Whitney would think of the Atheist March on Washington.

The pastor of the Baptist Church where Whitney sang as a young girl said "Whitney Now Sings To God"

It stirs a mans soul to see first hand at how much The Black Community LOVES JESUS.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +266 / 10 / -11

You know Harry, I often think how much worse conservatives would be in they didn't have their fear of God to restrain them. So, in many ways religion is a good thing, and just as their are atheists who are intolerant of Christians, there are Christians who are intolerant of atheists.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

Who are these "anti Christians" harry?

Or are you just making cr*p up, as usual?

Who cares what Whitney or anybody else thinks of atheists? Are you implying that Christians might be intolerant?

Well, at least you managed a post about blacks that didnt criticize them. That's progress.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

How true........

7. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +699 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Eh, most of them aren't real atheists. I bet nearly half worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +373 / 11 / -28

Prepare for the extreme right wing christian cries of how the world is coming to an end...

Currently in NOLA for Mardi Gras, never ceases to amaze me with the number of white haired men with their "Jesus Loves T-Shirts" walking the streets trying to give me a card to call someone about their religion, particularly in the Quarter.