Welcome to PatsFans.com

Talk About Leading a Double Life!!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

I guess we know now where his "uncanny knack" came from!!

Police Officer David Britto was known for his "uncanny knack" of tracking down drug dealers before he was arrested on Friday on charges of dealing drugs himself.

The 2010 Boynton Beach Police Officer of the Year's image as a community role model unraveled this week as he was indicted on Tuesday and details surfaced of his alleged role on the wrong side of the law.

U.S. Marine Corps Britto, 28, a Boynton road-patrol officer, reportedly was dealing meth around the same time he was blogging about following the teachings of Jesus Christ on his site, blessedwarrior.com.

"Jesus Christ stated, Love one another like you love yourself," Britto wrote the day before a federal drug-enforcement agent arrested him for conspiring to possess and traffic 500 grams of meth.

The federal charges against the former U.S. Marine Corps sergeant allege that he was involved in criminal activity in South Florida from as early as June 2009 and until about March 4.

Officer David Britto arrest: Boynton Beach police officer accused of dealing meth since 2009 - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +436 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

Sounds like a sick man, not a bad man.

People who are susceptible to addiction shouldn't become police officers. But since there is no way to forsee that, things like this and police officers like Britto will continue walking the beat.

This is the kind of news that makes me more sad than angry. I feel bad for Britto, but he deserves what he has coming to him.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +812 / 2 / -9

Surely he must know what awaits him in prison, it's a very sad strange time we live in, what's next?

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Maybe I'm reading wrong - where does it say this police officer was an addict - or even a user?

He's not charged with simple possession, he's not charged with using, he's not charged with being found under the influence, he's charged with DEALING.

So are all dealers "sick men" deserving of our pity? Or only police officers?

5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +436 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

always looking for areas to DISAGREE upon....very sad indeed

Let it go....

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Look, I asked you a question. I didn't make it personal in the least.

I posted an article about a police officer who was voted "officer of the year" who was later arrested for dealing meth.

You responded that he sounded like a sick man, not a bad man and further elaborated that people who are susceptible to addiction shouldn't become police officers.

I asked, honestly, where the article stated that he was a drug addict.

I'm asking you once again.

Where does it say that he is a drug addict? What was he charged with?

Normally you would be down on drug dealers - I'm curious as to why this particular drug dealer deserves our pity.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I'm asking for whatever information you seem to have that I do not have so that I can make a more informed opinion of the man.

7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +436 / 5 / -23

#18 Jersey

First of all, I'm an expert on drug addiction!

Second, I read up a little on Britto....

"His glowing evaluations were tainted by internal investigations that led to his suspension in 2008 and a written reprimand in 2009.

Britto was suspended for 11-1/2 hours in October 2008 for cursing and yelling obscenities at a driver he pulled over. Britto also left out important information from the incident report, according to the internal affairs report.

In February 2009, Britto was reprimanded for not telling Boynton Beach police about his role in a drug-related crime involving one of his childhood friends.

Britto was driving in Miami Beach in November 2008 when his friend reportedly jumped out of the car and repeatedly punched a taxi driver during a heated argument, according to the Miami Beach police arrest report. Britto, who was off duty, drove his friend home instead of calling police.

But the taxi driver called 911 and police tracked down Britto's car near his friend's apartment. Britto told them he was a police officer and offered to take the officers to his friend's apartment. Once inside, police found his friend asleep next to a marijuana pipe, a marijuana cigarette and what appeared to be a police-issued meth testing kit."

Officer David Britto arrest: Boynton Beach police officer accused of dealing meth since 2009 - Page 2 - Sun Sentinel

A police officer doesn't steal a "police-issued meth testing kit" if he doen't have a meth problem (and it wasn't for his friend). I also emailed a friend of mine who lives in the Pomopano Beach area and she said that's the word about Britto.

I suggest you follow this story and the facts will come out.

Any other questions?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Of course you are.

And a police officer, when brought up on charges, any charges, is always subjected to a drug test. I would assume, since both charges resulted only in a very short suspension and a written reprimand, that he tested negative. Had he tested positive in either instance he would not have been returned to work so quickly nor would he have gotten a simple written reprimand. I would highly doubt that a police officer who had a drug test come back positive in the last two years would have been made "officer of the year," either.

Well there you go!! I live in the Washington DC area, next time you have a question about Obama or Pelosi or Bohner, just email me, I'll give you the "word," and you can know it's true.

I plan on it....and that's why "facts" are important. So far you haven't given me any.

None.

You?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 7 / -2

I've had 2 experiences with stuff like this, involving cops, or soon to be cops that I personally knew. One was a kid I hung around with for years and years, who got pinched dealing a couple of days before he was supposed to go to the police accademy. Talk about stupid. Another was a friend of a friend, who a bunch of us were out having drinks with on a Friday night. This dude got pinched a couple of days later while making a deal in uniform. The crazy part about the latter is that the topic of conversation that night was drug busts. Meanwhile one of the cops from that night gets pinched 3 days later, and is plastered all over the news. It was so sick. I was stunned when i saw his mug shot on TV. I never asked my narc friend if he was involved in the bust itself. For all I know he was probably on the job that night, with it being to get some info from his buddy after a few drinks losen lips. It's a sick, sick world sometimes.

10. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

The Muslim YouTube - ‪Obama: "My Muslim Faith"‬‏ is attempting to institute massive, job-killing tax increases The PJ Tatler » Video: President Obama promises ‘massive job killing taxes’ if re-elected.

He supposedly loves this country while wanting to fundamentally transforming the same. YouTube - ‪Obama: "Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America"‬‏ I love my wife and am in the process of doing the same.

She has doubts about that love. Understandably.

We all have doubts about Obama's competency. Those of us who aren't ideological progressives, which is a much smaller category in this country than conservatives. Conservatives Largest Ideological Group » Sweetness & Light

11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

don't do drugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytJpZguSy2U

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

And this has absolutely what to do with a Police Officer of the Year being arrested for dealing drugs??????

13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

Good job at deflecting, keep watching those edited Youtube compilation videos.. James and Andrew are proud of their little Drudgies, your secret decoder ring is in the mail.

What a shame that us taxpayers paid all that money on your education....

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

When I worked in Corrections, would always train new guys on boundaries and how not to get caught in a trap with inmates.. spend copious amounts of time on this...

Every class has one azzclown who would get caught dealing in the first year they were on the job..

15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

YES!
    YES!

You've hit the nail on the head!

...When did you fall off the wagon?

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,355 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Whoa .... [​IMG]

17. State

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

When answers aren't forthcoming there are always .gif images and a dopey Whitney Houston to bring out being interviewed by Diane Sawyer. Relevancy?

I guess I hit a raw nerve that couldn't be soothed by a typical analgesic except a thought-free poseur stance. When people emote rather than think they're typically a lib.

Back to the thread. Here's a clip from a favorite movie, V for Vendetta: ‪V for Vendetta - Clip 1‬‏ - YouTube

18. State

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

I find that to be a misnomer, a corrections officer when, in fact, he's a freakin' guard.

Can't we keep the language straightforward and clear and precise?

Guards guard. Period. I never yet seen or heard of a "corrections officer" doing anything by that name.

19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

You obviously have not been around many correctional officers, as have never heard the word "guard", it is usually abbreviated to CO..

Next time you visit a prison, tell the correctional officers that they are only "guards".. see what happens.

Try this profession some time, see what it is like, try to control 200 to 300 violent inmates with no weapons... one of the adages of this business is, "There is no way anyone can control a large amount of inmates, they have to allow you to control them." It requires a great deal of intelligence, common sense and personal self control.

Do not minimize things you know nothing about, except what you see on TV.

20. State

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

I have made this point to a guard, and he quickly backtracked and agreed.

I know of guards who guard animals in tough places. It's not a pleasant job, and it often doesn't attract the best type of people.

I also have learned about them from G. Gordon Liddy's years spend in multiple places. He doesn't hold the profession in a high regard.

Actually, I worked with a woman who was a guard at a tough place, but she said what was far scarier was working with juveniles who were so out of control they were placed at a private institution.

They all know that they can literally get away with murder. Their records will be expunged of their misdeeds when they reach 18.

I don't have the time to deal with garbage.