Welcome to PatsFans.com

Talk About A SleazeBag

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +472 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

The last paragraph is priceless.

(Oh, and I've removed the political affiliation from the cut&paste because it's not about politics - it's about sleazeballs in general and this one in particular.)

CHILTON, Wis. (Sept. 27) -- A Wisconsin prosecutor facing removal from office over accusations that he abused his position in seeking relationships with vulnerable women will resign instead, his attorney said Monday.

Attorney Robert Craanen said Calumet County District Attorney Ken Kratz will step down before Oct. 8, the date set for a hearing to hear testimony on his possible removal from office.

Kratz had been the top prosecutor in the eastern Wisconsin county south of Green Bay since 1992. He had been facing demands for his resignation since The Associated Press reported earlier this month he sent 30 text messages to a domestic abuse victim trying to strike up an affair while he prosecuted her ex-boyfriend on a strangulation charge.

Kratz announced last week he was on medical leave from his $105,000 per year job indefinitely. He has apologized for the text messages to Van Groll but stayed mostly silent on accusations by other women.

Kratz was appointed by Gov. Tommy Thompson and had been re-elected several times since without opposition. He was not up for re-election until 2012.

Kratz was also the longtime chairman of the Wisconsin Crime Victims' Rights Board, which investigates and sanctions public officials who violate crime victims' rights. He stepped down from that post in December under pressure from state officials.

Wisconsin Prosecutor Ken Kratz to Resign Over Sexting Accusations
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +153 / 7 / -13

The lowest of the low throw him in jail, throw away the key.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This article reminded me of Bill Clinton. Do you think Clinton is a sleazebag too, or is your self righteous outrage divided along party lines?
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +472 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Oh, I thoughg Clinton was a sleazebag, too. I was all about impeachment. I'm not crazy about men who lie.

I will say, because it bears saying, no one who was involved with Clinton ever seemed to say they were annoyed and/or frightened by his attention to the best of my knowledge.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +482 / 1 / -9

Has anyone ever noticed the "dead silence" from the Feminist Movement when it comes to the degrading abuse of women by the Kennedy's, Clinton and Islam?
  6. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Paula Jones says hi..............
    That being said the guy is in this thread is a scuzzball......
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Amen, sistah! :rocker:
    I guess that's a fair statement if you ignore Juanita Brodderick's credible accusation of rape and if you were living in a cave during the 90's and never heard of Paula Jones.
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree. But I have a threshold for scandalous activity from politicians in that I just can't get terribly worked up when a scandal hits some guy I never heard of. Sometimes I let my own rule slide if it is an actual U.S. Congressman involved, but (call me crazy) I just can't find myself caring about text messages from the Calumet County District Attorney.
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +472 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Actually, I wasn't quite living in a cave - but I was living in Small Town, Indiana, which is almost the same thing. Plus, I spent most of the 90's in a Children's Hospital with my sons or at one of my two full times jobs - so, yeah, politics weren't high on my list of priorities.

That being said, I've read up on both women. Juanita doesn't sound very credible at all, to be honest. She changed her story several times, charges were never brought and she had a personal axe to grind with Clinton who had pardoned the man who killed her father.

Paula Jones is a much more believable story and it's pretty clear that Clinton lied through his teeth about multiple things involving her. But he also lied about multiple things regarding Monica, too. I've already attested to the fact that I think he behaved like a scumbag.

Maybe they're all scumbags.
  10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Unfortunately these are the type of guys who become Congressman and just take their narcissistic activities to the next level...
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

Not to correct, but I feel I must.

You should have written, "I'm not crazy about PEOPLE who lie"

Sex has no bearing on bad a person who lies is. So any woman who lies is equally "sleazy" as a man.

Am I not right MrsP?
  12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +472 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

You would be if we had been talking about people in general - however we were talking about men in specific. As in "male politicians who lie."

Besides, which, in a story about a man who's making unwanted advances towards a woman or one which involves a man who is cheating on his wife, I freely admit to a bias against men who lie in particular. There are very few lies a cheating woman or a harrassing female could tell which would affect me - now a male, that's a different story.

I'm pretty sure you feel the same way about women. I'm pretty sure most men would.
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +298 / 3 / -13

Yes...I agree absolutely. My comment was a tad tongue-in-cheek. But you're right...there is a certain amount of acceptable sexism on lying men & women depending upon which sex one is.
  14. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -2

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I don't look more favorably upon men cheating than women when it doesn't affect me. (Is this really something that has a gender split?)
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +472 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

I don't look more or less favorably on either of them - male or female, but I'm more apt to fall into a generic "he" than a generic "she" when discussing it - most surely I'll say "he" when it's a male we have been discussing.