PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talib potential off field problem

What's the cap hit for Denver if he is released?
If he is designated as a June 1 cut, then Denver carries $6,500,000 worth of dead money, with a cap savings of less than $500k. His 2015 salary ($5,500,000) became fully guaranteed on the third day of the league year.

Talib starts to become pricey for the Broncos next year. When he signed the headlines read "six-year, $57 million contract", but there is a very good chance that what it really was/will be is a three-year, $25.9 million deal.

2016 - Cap Number: $10,000,000; Salary: $8,500,000 (plus $500k roster bonus)
2017 - Cap Number: $12,000,000; Salary: $11,000,000
2018 - Cap Number: $12,000,000; Salary: $11,000,000
2019 - Cap Number: $8,000,000; Salary: $8,000,000​

Aqib Talib Contract Details | Over The Cap

OMG, I wish you hadn't used that abbreviation. I first read it as Egg Assault and couldn't stop laughing.
I actually thought the same thing, like it happened over easter or something. That Talib has always been a prankster.

Only a matter of time

Vehicles get impounded for little to no "smoke" all the time.

I suppose I call towed different than impounded. Impounded to me usually means for evidentiary reasons. Had to believe that assault arrests generally warrant impounding someone's vehicle. I mean he hit me or vice versa. Regardless, it's usually not good.

I'm sure ESPN will lead with "Former New England Patriot Aqib Talib is under investigation....." never mentioning the Bucs or Broncos which is why minus Pats games where I'm forced I don't watch the four letter atrocity.

I'm sure ESPN will lead with "Former New England Patriot Aqib Talib is under investigation....." never mentioning the Bucs or Broncos which is why minus Pats games where I'm forced I don't watch the four letter atrocity.
They always do that kind of thing. My favourite is when Tebow worked out for the Eagles. News sites reported it as "former Broncos and Patriots QB", when he was only here in pre season. But played a full year for the jets.

They always do that kind of thing. My favourite is when Tebow worked out for the Eagles. News sites reported it as "former Broncos and Patriots QB", when he was only here in pre season. But played a full year for the jets.

I was on 93 south going into to Boston with about 3000 other drivers within a quarter mile of me one 8am Tuesday morning, when a State Cop somehow found me amidst the masses and noticed my registration had expired a whole 3 days before and pulled me over. Now what are the odds of THAT!

Now if he was even a bigger prick than he was, he not only could have given me a ticket, he could have "impounded" the car. Needless to say I got my registration renewed by noon that day, but it is likely to turn into a $130 lesson. (Though he was nice enough to let me know that if you appeal and its less than a month overdue, they usually let it slide)

So DI is right. Sometimes it doesn't take much at all to get your car impounded, and I came far too close to finding out.
I don't know if MA is using it yet, but there is a system employed by many PDs that uses cameras and software that scans all visible license plates and runs them against DMV and criminal databases.

OMG, I wish you hadn't used that abbreviation. I first read it as Egg Assault and couldn't stop laughing.

Thank God I'm not the only one who wondered what the big deal about egging a nightclub was that it warranted a vehicle getting impounded.

Doubt you get vehicles impounded for an assault case unless there is at least a little bit of flame with the smoke. Still we shall see..

That's.... so not true. Innocent people do get investigated. It happens, no need to rush to judgment here.

Edelman was arrested for an assault that he didn't commit just a few years ago. Doesn't take much.

Sign the beast!!

That's.... so not true. Innocent people do get investigated. It happens, no need to rush to judgment here.

Edelman was arrested for an assault that he didn't commit just a few years ago. Doesn't take much.

It's not the investigation. It's that they impounded 2 vehicles. I've seen plenty of arrests and yes the cars will get towed, but usually not impounded. To me, that means they belive the vehicle(s) have some sort of evidence in or on them.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back