PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talib isn't the answer + Arrington sucks

we defenetly need someone else
as an insurance policy for talib's health and to get Arrington out of there

Up til his injury, Talib was probably the best defensive player in the NFL this season. The Pats would not have 7 wins without his play early in the season. Ill give him a pass on his play last night being that it was his first game back. Feel differently though regarding his attitude with Smith. Talib needs to be a leader on this D. That may have cost him some money.

I didn't hear the whistle, thought Talib was playing through the whistle which never happened. But maybe I couldn't hear it from the stands/crowd noise. Could you hear it on TV?

He clearly wasn't at full speed and still did pretty well. He is a top 5 DB in the league this thread is a joke.

As Steve Smith said, Talib needs to go ice his butt...Talib if you are going to act like a punk back it it.:snob: Lets hope Denard's knee is not hurt too bad we need him back there. We have to roll with Logan Ryan now I like his upside. Talib has some chronic issue that is not going away its not good for us and wont be good for him come FA. Based on what we have seen you cannot invest long term in a player who will spend more time in the tub. CB is High Priority for our N.E. Patriosts in 2014.

Woe is me the Patriots suck, they all suck. let's get rid of all of them.

I knew this would be a tough matchup for Talib. Smith is too quick and allusive for Talib. Talib does better against physical outside receivers

Talib will NOT be here next year. Also, as someone posted elsewhere, his play, renewed injury and antics cost him millions of dollars.

I suspect that Belichick would have have benched him for at least a quarter if Dennard had been available.

Talib is a fine player when healthy, just not a patriot type player. I was actually surprised that he wasn't thrown out of the game. His antics have no place in the NFL.

If Talib's behavior is acceptable to you, then I suggest that the you will be continued to be surprised by the actions of Belichick. Perhaps Talib can play on the same team as Suh next year.

As far as him mixing it up with Smith I actually have no issue with it, he is competitive and sometimes you have to reel that in – I would always prefer to have a player that needs to reeled in than one that needs to be pushed.

There was a clear load whistle. The cameras caught other actions by Talib. He will get a letter from the league.

I didn't hear the whistle, thought Talib was playing through the whistle which never happened. But maybe I couldn't hear it from the stands/crowd noise. Could you hear it on TV?

Talib will NOT be here next year. Also, as someone posted elsewhere, his play, renewed injury and antics cost him millions of dollars.

I suspect that Belichick would have have benched him for at least a quarter if Dennard had been available.

Talib is a fine player when healthy, just not a patriot type player. I was actually surprised that he wasn't thrown out of the game. His antics have no place in the NFL.

I found that very classless he's an obvious headcase who got caught up into reading too much of his press clippings. Talib got humbled last night by Steve Smith he looked average at best.

Threads like this make me wonder what is gonna happen post BB/Brady when these types of losses are gonna be the norm ...

Threads like this will unfortunately be the norm as well. But the people you'll see leaving in a mass exodus will be the homers. These people will still be here. And Talib is a fine corner, his personal foul notwithstanding. He's injured.

I agree.

We had our backup corner, our nickel back, and our emergency corner (and special teamer) all out there because of injuries. As #3, #4. and #5 corners, I think that they are fine.

With Talib and Dennard out at the end who would you prefer in there ?

NAMES PLEASE.

Even Reevis gets burn, nothing wrong with Talib. Talib IS the answer if he can stay healthy.

If some of the idiotic posters here would look at the whole game, they would see Arrington making several really great plays - hanging the game on him is pathetic.

Thanks, so far you're the only one who got my point on this thread.

I'm not questioning Talib skills and playmaking at all, but if there's a Patriot Way then Talib doesn't fit, and he didn't even start to talk about money. This injury could have screwed his plans, I suspect he would put up a diva behavior like Revis when the time to talk about money comes.

I think he will be tagged though.

Going forward, as it pertains to whether the Patriots want him on the roster, I'd be more cautious about his hip problem than his play. Talib can play very well when he's healthy. The question is, how long can he remain healthy for your team and is it a gamble you're willing to take?

Are you still giving top dollar for Talib after yesterday? I'm not. This isn't the Raiders where apparently there are incentives for stupid fouls. This is not a team to play like a immature 5 years old kid who didn't get his toy and then starts to cry out loud rolling all over the floor.

Talib is hurt and Arrington was never supposed to be an outside corner for this team, he is best in the slot but had to play where he did due to injuries. Anything else?

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back