PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talib admits that he tried to wreck Corey Brown on purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not the first time Talib has ever lost his cool after being torched. Steve Smith got the best of him in 2013 and he acted like an ass in their game against the Colts this season after he spent the entire game being abused.

Herein lies the problem with the NFL's concussion protocol and pulling players from the game. I get that they don't have much choice but to do so but if they are going to do it then imo they need to stop the game while they review the play that led to it and if they determine it was a deliberate attempt to knock the player out of the game then the player who did it needs to be thrown out as well. The Seahawks were headhunting Edelman in SB49 because they simply could not stop him, and had they had that protocol at that time then Edelman would have been gone for the remainder of the game, and the only thing that would give players a second thought before pulling this would be the likelihood that they would be pulled out of the game as well. I hate to give the league and officials more ways to screw with games but see no other option if players are going to try to knock other players out of games in this fashion.

Zero evidence about you knowing about taking air out of the ball - 4 games

Admitting to trying to rip someone's head off- 0 games, even though you just got suspended 3 months ago for poking someone's eye.

I was angry when Wes Welker cross-checked him in the 2013 AFCC. Now I don't feel so bad.

I was angry when Wes Welker cross-checked him in the 2013 AFCC. Now I don't feel so bad.

He could have came back from that too. But he was more concerned about his pay day than risking further injury to help his team out when they needed it.

That's a perfect example of what the NFL has done wrong. It was a one yard penalty, and Talib knew that. The issue of player safety never crossed his mind. Talib should be suspended for it, but it's also a sign that the NFL has not done enough to explain why these penalties are penalties.

That's a perfect example of what the NFL has done wrong. It was a one yard penalty, and Talib knew that. The issue of player safety never crossed his mind. Talib should be suspended for it, but it's also a sign that the NFL has not done enough to explain why these penalties are penalties.

That would mean that the NFL would have to actually care about player safety instead of just pretending like they do.

Zero evidence about you knowing about taking air out of the ball - 4 games

Admitting to trying to rip someone's head off- 0 games, even though you just got suspended 3 months ago for poking someone's eye.

He would have gotten a one-game suspension as it was. Now that he's admitted it, the NFL will be forced to bring down the hammer and give him two games.

Has there ever been a winner who has acted as immaturely as the Broncos?

half the team is going to have a bullseye on their back next year

They should still have that defense intact. Possible for a bit longer if Manning's contract comes off the books.

don't hate the player....

Talib knew the reward was large (intimidation, potential injury to the opponent) and the risk was minimal (1.5 yards). Smart play by him. Hot Rod might have made a similar decision, and I would have been fine with it. Up to the NFL if they want to make egregious unnecessary roughness an ejectable offense. I personally would be terrified to give refs that power, since it is a judgment call (as opposed to a punch thrown, which is typically mostly objective).

Talib likely ends up on the suspended list week 1 next year.

Talib should get suspended for it. It is one thing to accidentally to grab a face mask, but to admit you purposely did it is a whole other deal. He could seriously injury a guy doing that.

He would have gotten a one-game suspension as it was. Now that he's admitted it, the NFL will be forced to bring down the hammer and give him two games.

Will they? Let's see what Roger Goodell says. http://deadspin.com/taste-roger-goodells-wrath-with-our-nfl-punishment-gene-1720846778

The NFL Punishment Generator
your_punishment.png

Roger Goodell has carefully mulled this over, because he wants to make it right.

You have been suspended 6 games because, in your words: “I admitted to intentionally committing a personal foul in the Super Bowl because the penalty was only 1 yard and I wanted to intimidate my opponent.”

Last edited:
Has there ever been a winner who has acted as immaturely as the Broncos?

half the team is going to have a bullseye on their back next year
Yet the Patriots are the arrogant pricks somehow...

You can tell talib is very happy these days.

They should still have that defense intact. Possible for a bit longer if Manning's contract comes off the books.

Broncos free agents:
Omar Bolden, S
David Bruton, S
Andre Caldwell, WR
Vernon Davis, TE
Ryan Harris, OT
Ronnie Hillman, RB
Malik Jackson, DE - their best DL
Shiloh Keo, S
Evan Mathis, G
Von Miller, OLB - their best pass rusher
Jordan Norwood, WR
Brock Osweiler, QB - their best option at QB
Tyler Polumbus, OT
Antonio Smith, DE
Danny Trevathan, ILB - their best ILB
Kyle Williams, WR

add to that Demarcus Ware who had a great playoffs and got healthy at the right time, but he's going to be 34

their offense is going to take another step back next year.......their OL is not very good and they have some age there to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes