PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talent query

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I have a question to pose to the posters.

Has Bill Belichick imported more veteran FA talent this 2009 off-season to add to an 11-5 team; or did he import more talent that he signed in Free Agency after the 5-11, 2000 season?:rolleyes:

Discuss.

I have a question to pose to the posters.

Has Bill Belichick imported more veteran FA talent this 2009 off-season to add to an 11-5 team; or did he import more talent that he signed in Free Agency after the 5-11, 2000 season?:rolleyes:

Discuss.
There must have been close to 20 FAs make the 2001 team.

I guess the main points are :

*By talent, do you mean athletic ability or production ?
-I think that the 2000-2001 crop would have to be tops in production : they won the SB and even if we fans are lucky enough to have that happen again, I have to think that the core is in place and the free agents are here to help out.

*We need some "keener" to come and give us a run down of the free agents 9 years ago.

The reason why they signed more in 2001 is because they needed more. This season is different, they didn't need that many players. In terms of quality, this class is better than the 2001 class. The only players that will be heavily relied on is Bodden and Springs.

Last edited:
That is a question that we really can't answer right now. That 2001 group brought in some serious long term contributors. We can't compare this group of free agents until after a coupleof seasons pass.

That is a question that we really can't answer right now. That 2001 group brought in some serious long term contributors. We can't compare this group of free agents until after a coupleof seasons pass.
Yeah, at least wait until the 53-man roster is announced. At least then we can compare raw numbers of FAs added each of the off-seasons.

I've just been watching the History of the New England Patriots (no: I don't have a life, thanks for asking) and I am pretty sure they mentioned that the Patriots signed 14 free agents in 2001.

I count 13 free agents (other than rookie UDFAs) on the roster at present. I assume that the 14 refers to those who were on the roster during the season.

I've just been watching the History of the New England Patriots (no: I don't have a life, thanks for asking) and I am pretty sure they mentioned that the Patriots signed 14 free agents in 2001.

I count 13 free agents (other than rookie UDFAs) on the roster at present. I assume that the 14 refers to those who were on the roster during the season.

Who were the main one's brought in (of not all) in 00 ?

Who were the main one's brought in (of not all) in 00 ?

Things were tight in 2000. Belichick had to cut a player to sign

another player. Among the free agents were Andruzzi, Paxton,

Ruegamer, Wiggins, Hamilton, and Looker.

To me the only thing that's important is whether there's more better players joining the team than there are leaving the team.

When you look at additions and subtractions, that was the case in 2001 - and it's also the case in 2009.

Don't forget, this guy Brady's going to join the team this year - and I hear he's pretty good.

Whoa, they're bringing back Kyle Brady :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots