PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talent eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I've heard BB say in the past, that they review their "misses" in free agency and the draft to make sure they don't make the same types of mistakes again.

When I think about WR acquistions like:

Donald Hayes
Joey Galloway
Greg Lewis
Chad Jackson
Gabriel

It tells me that they don't seem to have a great eye for WR talent. There are exceptions, of course, but something tells me they haven't "fixed" whatever is broken in the way the assess WR talent.

Just throwing this out there for discussion. Now, here's hoping they don't continue to trade down and out of the 2010 draft. We need talent.

One guy they wanted that definitely would have been a hit was Derrick Mason, unfortunately he went with the Ravens

Would they think about PLaxico?

but they certainly have whiffed on WRs

Last edited:
They are about 50-50 on WRs.

You mentioned the misses (though you forgot Bethel Johnson) and you forgot to mention the hits in Deion Branch, David Patten, David Givens, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, and Reche Caldwell (to a lesser extent).

You mentioned the misses (though you forgot Bethel Johnson) and you forgot to mention the hits in Deion Branch, David Patten, David Givens, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, and Reche Caldwell (to a lesser extent).

Great Points DaBruinz. They hit on some and miss on some. I never considered Bethel a total "miss", because he flashed, and had some important contributions on the return game. Regardless, your response does show their "eye for WR talent" to be average, and not horrible.

I hope this year, in the draft, they draft their first four picks. We need young stud talent NOW. I'm getting tired of "the Patriots have traded the 15th pick in the second round for a 7th round pick this year and a 2nd round pick next year. For God's sake, BB quit out thinking yourself. He's like the gambler that just has to make a bet, only he just has to make a trade to move down in the draft.

of that list only givens and branch were drafted .caldwell and gaffeny were bought in because they had no one and it somehow worked out. welker was a no brainer after seeing him so much in miami.
yesterday every time i saw greg jennings i remember pats trading up with GB to get chad jackson. a lot of these WR dont seem to suit brady too so hard to say who is picky than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back