Welcome to PatsFans.com

Taking the Train to the Stadium

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Mogamedogz, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Anyone else do it? You cant beat the price! $12 round trip and no traffic. Also, is there anything in particular I should know before taking it? :confused:
  2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's awesome! It leaves the stadium for the return trip 30 minutes after the game, so if the game goes into OT the train waits. Except for missing out on the tailgate, it's the best way to go. You'll get home probably 2-3 hours before you would if you drove from Boston or Providence.
  3. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

How many trains go to foxboro on that day ? time?
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

One from Boston and one from Providence. There isn't regular service to the stadium (there's not even a station there), it's just a special train each from South Station and Providence Station.
  5. hughthehand

hughthehand Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

1 train from South Station and 1 train from Providence.

Its the "event" train. It definitely beats driving if you live in the city. You can drink as much as you like :)) and trust me, most people on the train are doing just that in my experience.

Dont expect the bathrooms to be a real pretty show on the train.
  6. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

the schedule says two. One inbound from Providence, and one inbound from Boston. Both depart from their stations at 2pm and arrive at Gillette at 3pm.

I go to the games alone, so the train looks like it could be a pretty nice option for me. Im sick of paying $50 to park and getting stuck in all that traffic on Rt. 1. It sucks ass.
  7. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Cant be any worse than the Port-a-john's in the lots! :eek:
  8. Mack Herron

Mack Herron Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -2

#24 Jersey

Well.....

This is the MBTA. Last week the train was full so it simply skipped stops. Another week it broke down and stranded people for several hours in Walpole late at night. Often there are no seats on the train, but the track to Foxboro is in such bad shape they cannot add enough cars to carry all the poeple that want to go. They use an old freight line that needs to be renovated. The train goes to Walpole then stops for 10 minutes and reverses direction. On its best day, it beats parking, but most days are not its best. For all the $$$ Kraft is throwing into Patriot Place, he still has not found a practical way to get in and out of the stadium. Compared to other cities, this one is at the bottom of the convenience list.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  9. Smash-MouthD

Smash-MouthD Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The one from the south has been good but last week was a total cluster Bleep! Packed to the gills, try and get on the train at the first couple stops or plan on standing. Its nice to save the cash but if it continues to be packed like this I will go back to driving and tailgating.
  10. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

Re: Well.....

My season tix buddy lives next door in Sharon. He claims that local environmentalists (he's a lefty liberal himself) won't let Kraft build an outlet road to I95. I have no idea of the truth of this statement as my buddy's touch with factual reality is tenuous.
  11. Mack Herron

Mack Herron Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -2

#24 Jersey

Re: Well.....

You are right--the neighbors are indeed a PITA, and I am sure it is not all Kraft's fault. But the result is bad. THe team and stadium are first rate. Access is bargain basement. I suspect transportation to and from Gillette takes longer and (in the case of the train) is less reliable than in other NFL cities. Pick your poison.
  12. wes83

wes83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

is there any chance to get earlier to gillette stadium without car? Because its my first trip to foxboro and i would like to tailgate! German Pats Fan
  13. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

You could take a cab. Where are you coming from?
  14. wes83

wes83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Our hotel is at Back Bay in Boston. Should be expensive per cab,right?
  15. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

IF you can get one to take you there; it involves waiting in traffic on Route 1 even 3 hours prior to kickoff. You could maybe take the train back leaving half hour after the game ends except that you have no way to buy tickets as there is no train station there.
  16. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Well.. you could take an early train out to a town closer to Gillette, and then take a cab from there. it'll be much cheaper.
  17. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

A cab from the Back Bay would be VERY expensive.

However, you could take an earlier train from Back Bay into Sharon (Providence line) and take a cab from Sharon (it would be less than a $20 cab ride). Only thing is, you will want to call ahead for a cab because you won't just be able to catch one in Sharon (it's a small town).
  18. fourthandmiles

fourthandmiles Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It is a special train not on the schedule so check mbta.com for the details. It takes over an hour but is pretty stress free and cheap. Just meet up with some people that are already tailgating is one way to go. I print out a few good threads from here and some other articles to read along the way.
  19. Ethan 55

Ethan 55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Just an FYI, they don't collect tickets on the way back. We had someone ride in with a friend to the game and come back with us on the train.
  20. wes83

wes83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks guys for your answers! I think i will try to get to a town near to the stadium by train and take a cab.. Hopefully i`ll arrive on time:rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.