Welcome to PatsFans.com

Taking the dead off Fla. voter rolls...not so fast says Eric Holder.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patradomous, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

DOJ suddenly interested in FLA voter rolls « Hot Air

Can you make this up?
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

No, but you can make up who's being purged.....calling them the "dead" when you're really going after the "non-citizens."

- 1638 people in Miami-Dade County were flagged by the state as “non-citizens” and sent letters informing them that they were ineligible to vote.

- Of that group, 359 people have subsquently provided the county with proof of citizenship.

- Another 26 people were identified as U.S. citizens directly by the county.

The situation in Miami-Dade is also apparent in elsewhere in Florida. According to a local reports in smaller Polk County of the 21 voters flagged by the state “nine appear to be citizens, leaving 12 as questionable.”

EXCLUSIVE: Florida Telling Hundreds Of Eligible Citizens That They Are Ineligible To Vote | ThinkProgress
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

I don't want citizens confused with non-citizens...but I also don't want this process to be stopped due to mistakes.

Let's make 100% sure that not a single non-citizen ever casts a vote in this country...so carry-on with this process, but make sure you get it right.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

Speaking of "Holder" seems to be trouble brewing in The Leg Tingling White House, they all are getting the jitters, even many liberals are suddenly realizing that Jug Ears isn't really "The Messiah" after all he is in fact Just Like Bush maybe a little worse.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...dviser-David-Axelrod-had-to-be-separated.html

America still has those poor Muslims locked up in cages like wild animals down in Gitmo and Beautiful Long Legged Jug Ears is killing hundreds of innocent people with his "Wonderful Drones" is it any wonder the Jug Ear crowd doesn't care about "Voter Fraud" they know all the sh!tbums that don't have ID's will Vote For "Their Messiah" Obama is sure to get "The Wino Vote"

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN, GOD WILLING.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -23

From the rules of this forum as formulated by Ian..

Your thread is an extension to this one already posted.. come on mods fulfill your responsibility..

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-voters-dont-like-you-dont-let-them-vote.html
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boo hoo, mommy, mommy they're not playing fair whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

What about the Un-dead?

[​IMG]
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

What's funny is that this statement would get me kicked out of this thread. I'm not kidding, there's 4 active threads right now that I can't access because agent 13 has decided that the rules don't apply to me. There's some secret set of rules out there somewhere that define how I'm supposed to act.

I think I've got one secret rule figured out though. Kiss enough mod azz and you can pretty much get away with everything Harry gets away with.
  9. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +331 / 6 / -7

Wait a minute, are you accusing PF13 of arbitrary and capricious moderating?

If so: I agree with you wholeheartedly. It really does this forum an injustice.
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Not too suprisingly think progress get things wrong as the try to twist facts. The people in Florida are reaching out to verify that people still belong on the rolls. If they just removed people when there was a question of them still being on the rolls THAT would be wrong.

Reaching out to make sure people aren't removed in error is the responsible thing to do and should be applauded.
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +350 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Here's a question for those who think that Florida is doing the right thing by "purging" the registration lists....

How come, if it's supposed to be about "dead" people, 58% of the names being purged are of Hispanic origin but Hispanics only make up 13% of Florida's registered voters?

Rick Scott Punts on Florida Voter Purge Scheme, but Elections Supervisors Rejecting It | FDL News Desk
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

This thread is based on a right as opposed to left wing POV and links different articles and new articles since the thread you reference was posted.

This is no different than the hundreds (thousands?) of post on the was in Iraq.

Should we have applied the same standard then with 1 thread on the war in Iraq? Of course not.

If this thread referenced the same news iten as the other thread you would have a valid point but that is not the case.
  13. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Actually having those two in charge of this toilet is about perfect. Patters prefers that there be nothing but partisan bullschit being tossed about in here and agent 13 can't win any arguments if he has to stay honest.

There was a time when the two of them didn't work so hard to drive away civil conversation. I actually came away from here smarter than when I entered back in the day. Those days are long, long since over though. Now Harry is considered a top-contributing poster. What a joke.
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

You get banned for attacking specific posters without making a comment on the topic on hand.

What SPECIFIC poster is Harry attacking?

His post is an (attempt) at a humorous comment on the topic.

BTW you and Jack B have been banned from the thread for a personal attack on me without any comment on the topic of the thread? See how that works.

YMMV.
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -23

So you are going to ignore the rules established by Ian and just follow along???

[​IMG]
  16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -23

If you did your job there would be one.. but ignore the rules set out by Ian, that is not new.. be a leader, not an excuse maker.

[​IMG]
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +333 / 1 / -9

I try not to break the rules, I have to admit it's pretty hard at times especially when I want to call somebody a dirty name.
  18. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

God Willing
  19. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -1

Applauded? Not taking away citizens' right to vote seems like the basics, not some above-and-beyond act to be lauded.

Hey, that politician didn't steal campaign funds, and that cop arrested a man without beating him -- commendations all around!
  20. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +273 / 4 / -9

like liberal?