PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taking advantage of the Chargers' overagressiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franchise12

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
In the first quarter of tonights game, the chargers will be too over aggressive, some guys so angry and eager to get a hand on Brady that they will become undiciplined in their approach to the gameplan. The pats should run a no huddle while slowing the game down with screens and draws to get that d line to slow down then in the second quarter start carving them downfield.

I predict a Donte Stallworth end around in the first Quarter.

I think we do need to get the ball out of Brady's hands quickly in this one.
This will be a true cerebral challenge for Brday.
He's gonna have to find the best option very quickly and with a lot of guys moving around pre-snap for SD.

I'm kinda torn whether we try and take a shot downfield against the blitz early (hoping the protection holds up) or just make the hot read short to protect Brady.
Last thing we want is for Brady to get hit early...
but would sure like to slow the pass rush with a big play downfield early in the game.

I think we do need to get the ball out of Brady's hands quickly in this one.
This will be a true cerebral challenge for Brday.
He's gonna have to find the best option very quickly and with a lot of guys moving around pre-snap for SD.

I'm kinda torn whether we try and take a shot downfield against the blitz early (hoping the protection holds up) or just make the hot read short to protect Brady.
Last thing we want is for Brady to get hit early...
but would sure like to slow the pass rush with a big play downfield early in the game.

I also think we'll see more of the play where 3 receivers (or 2 receivers and watson) line up tight on one side where brady shoots the ball out laterally to the WR and the other 2 block. Remember last week they threw 2 of these, one to Stallworth that ended up an incomplete pass. btw, does this play have a name? what's it called?

Can you say......." Screen to Kevin Faulk". At least 3 times executed perfectly for 15+ yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back