PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taking a vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
This board has offically become ******ed. All the work Ian has done to keep it a quality board has been smashed by pure idiocy. End of the world, firing BB, whining about lost players, and temper tantrums are totally ******ed. Thanks for taking a well thought out board with logical conversation and rivalry and changing it to Idiots-R-Us. Going on vacation form here for a while.

Digger44 said:
This board has offically become ******ed. All the work Ian has done to keep it a quality board has been smashed by pure idiocy. End of the world, firing BB, whining about lost players, and temper tantrums are totally ******ed. Thanks for taking a well thought out board with logical conversation and rivalry and changing it to Idiots-R-Us. Going on vacation form here for a while.
I totally agree...not even common sense used..late comers, trolls and wannabee football fans...they just do NOT understand what is happening..I am afraid I may be as well..although it is so hard to...enjoy!!

Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen.

Pats726 - couldn't have said it any better.

Sauce for the goose

To all previous,

To quote a chapter from your book:

"Don't let the door hit you etc etc etc"

Pats726 said:
I totally agree...not even common sense used..late comers, trolls and wannabee football fans...they just do NOT understand what is happening..I am afraid I may be as well..although it is so hard to...enjoy!!

I think everyone knows whats happening, but when you lose a staple of a 3 time SB champion, not everyone is going to continue to genuflect to BB.

patpatriot said:
To all previous,

To quote a chapter from your book:

"Don't let the door hit you etc etc etc"

thanks troll

Count me in, as well. This is just pathetic. I feel bad for Ian, I'm not sure what he can do about it. Hopefully, the children will scatter soon enough. Happy vacation, Digger.

patsox23 said:
Count me in, as well. This is just pathetic. I feel bad for Ian, I'm not sure what he can do about it. Hopefully, the children will scatter soon enough. Happy vacation, Digger.

thanks my friend, i will check out 2nite and try back in a week.

Jacky Roberts said:
I think everyone knows whats happening, but when you lose a staple of a 3 time SB champion, not everyone is going to continue to genuflect to BB.
Fair weather phonies...can spot them a MILE away..

Digger44 said:
thanks my friend, i will check out 2nite and try back in a week.

If people like you leave then we turn this over to the whiners and "what have you done for me lately" jerks.

Besides, you are in charge of cheerleaders.:singing:

Troll?

oohhh that smarts. Come back when you grow a thicker skin.

PATSNUTme said:
If people like you leave then we turn this over to the whiners and "what have you done for me lately" jerks.

Besides, you are in charge of cheerleaders.:singing:

I agree, don't go! This is embarassing!

Bill's Girl said:
I agree, don't go! This is embarassing!

Seriously. Stick around. Weather the storm!

Good Lord...are a lot of you serious?? You're turning on eachother just because free agency has been slow so far?

Come on....let's not implode just because they haven't made any serious moves in free agency yet. Everyone knows there will be certain players brought in to fill obvious needs, and while this is obvious don't forget that there is still the draft next month. Many of these threads will be laughed at in August when preseason starts, so lets not start turning on eachother over stuff that's just stupid.

Jacky Roberts said:

Choose two please:

Mcginest
Branch
Givens
Seymour

I rest my case in advance.

Ian said:
Good Lord...are a lot of you serious?? You're turning on eachother just because free agency has been slow so far?

Come on....let's not implode just because they haven't made any serious moves in free agency yet. Everyone knows there will be certain players brought in to fill obvious needs, and while this is obvious don't forget that there is still the draft next month. Many of these threads will be laughed at in August when preseason starts, so lets not start turning on eachother over stuff that's just stupid.
Hey Ian, I'm a member of another board that charges a nominal fee for membership. The vets that have been here far longer than me might resist this idea, and its clear that you have wanted to keep this open to all, but one thing that has been demonstrated over time is that the fee chases away 99% of the trolls that are here simply to provoke a reaction. Additionally, this same board is pretty good about sussing these guys out and bouncing them once their intentions become clear.

Plus, it provides you with a bit of a revenue stream should you elect to go that way. Seems like maybe you should get a bit of cash for your trouble anyway.

Just a thought. Too bad people are taking vacations over this stuff.

Last edited:
I'm not personally in the 'panic' fraternity, but the sense of superiority from some of those countering them is really difficult to read.

I'm not quite sure why being a relative newcomer to this message board automatically makes somebody less of a fan or less knowledgeable about football. Namecalling on a level of 'noob' and 'troll' is pretty sad.

You superior, old-school members of the board can easily ignore the threads that irritate you so much.

Now, will one of you please tell me how easy it might be to get tickets for Pats at Jets next season - ?

OldEnglandPatriot said:
I'm not personally in the 'panic' fraternity, but the sense of superiority from some of those countering them is really difficult to read.

I'm not quite sure why being a relative newcomer to this message board automatically makes somebody less of a fan or less knowledgeable about football. Namecalling on a level of 'noob' and 'troll' is pretty sad.

You superior, old-school members of the board can easily ignore the threads that irritate you so much.
As a long-time lurker and one-year member, I really think your characterization is distorted and incorrect.

There are civil disagreements here all the time, between long-time posters, or between long-time posters and first-time posters.

I find that the dialogue always manages to work itself out into something that is at least worth the time it takes to read it.

The namecalling (and I admit guilt in this respect, unapologetically) almost exclusively is directed at those posters who are clearly here to provoke.

They're pretty easy to spot - they're the ones who exhibit no intention to exchange ideas and possess a clearly-limited knowlege of the subject. They're really all about drawing a ton of attention to themselves and getting everyone all worked up.

I've never favored the 'scroll on by' principle when it comes to those people. They clutter the hell out of these places and should be dealt with.

While I side with the older members on the Patriots strategy, I feel strongly that we should not run off new comers. This is a very edgy, frustrating time of the year. We all know BB and company will sit back and wait it out. Its not tantalizing, its nerve racking. But who can argue with the results. If you feel that there is another coach and personal man you'd want for the Patriots then you should post it. If you just want controversy then you need to go to the political forum where you'll be welcomed with open arms! I still believe in BB and company and know when the dust settles we still will be the team to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down