Welcome to PatsFans.com

Take this to the Bank,The 3 Reasons we lost to the Colts.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by italia44, Jan 22, 2007.

1. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

1.Any Defense that allows 32 Points in a half of football doesn't deserve to win......A 21-3 lead should have been enough.....TBC,Bruschi and the rest of the DL were horrendous in the 2nd half.

2.Recche Caldwell and Kevin Faulk,to put it mildy,just choked.....there's,no other way to put it.
    Their critical drops were crushing,and along with Maroney's lack of focus,they were the primary reason for our loss.

3.Tom Brady,I know nobody wants to hears this,but he was so-off target,on some many easy throws.that i think that he cost us a chance at another SB victory.

In both the SD and Indy Games,Brady had many chances,but now,he seems too rattled to succeed.

I don't think he can do it anymore.....he's become too erratic,

Overall,it was a great season,but I was most dissappointed in:Lawrence Maroney ,Tully Banta-Cain and Richard Seymour
  2. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ok, Brady has been rattled. I think we can all agree on that. Well why is it that he hasn't looked the same? Is it that he woke up one day and lost a step or is it lack of confidence in his receivers? Hmmm.

Maroney was not dissapointing from early to mid season. He hit the wall, so do a lot of other rookies. Meanwhile where's Chad Jackson and Marquise Hill on your dissapointment list?
  3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

GET A GRIP.

You got the first two pretty reasonably, then you lost your mind. I find it's a good exercise to preview my posts, then think about what I just said, and think twice before I post something really, really stupid. Of course you are free to follow another formula at your own risk.
  4. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Gee. Maybe we should trade him and go with Cassel.
  5. cubedoggy

cubedoggy Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:
  6. WestPat

WestPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gee ..Tom Brady was the third important reason the Pats lost the game?
    you seriously have no clue
  7. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yikes!.....the comment about Brady was,too over the top...I just meant to say that he's getting rattled in big games,now.
    Like Manning,in previous playoff games.

I think this whole game turned on the drops by Faulk and Caldwell and also by Brady's inaccuracies on short passes.

TB's missing those easy short passes are what cost us dearly,IMO.
  8. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

When I look at things that went wrong tonight, I see a defense that got lit up, torched and shredded to the tune of 464 yards that cost us the game. Brady's play is well down the list of things that didn't go right today. He could have been better, but the defense was abysmal.
  9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I think you need to pay better attention to what you are looking at.

Better yet, ask yourself ... don't you think these guys were trying?
  10. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

11. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

brady was not the reason the pats lost, it was the D, we could not run the ball in the 2nd half, and a HUGE mental mistake with 12 in the huddle. that and caldwells drop
  12. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Brady was ok, but the fact is there was no running game and no confidence in the passing game to make Brady better.. Brady was avg at best on that first drive, but the D killed us today..
  13. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I just watched a replay of Brady's pass to Gaffney for the TD, and I have to tell you it is one of the more spectacular plays you will ever see - first what he did to stay alive, and then how he bought time while simultaneously directing Jabar to the target zone and threaded that ball to the only place where Jabar had the only shot to make the catch.

There is nothing wrong with Brady that having a more consistent WR and TE corps wouldn't fix lickity split. Even when they're where they were supposed to be there is no guarantee they will actually catch the freakin' ball. BTW that throw and catch got Caldwell off the hook for his TD drop on the preceeding play. Then there were the other two drops, one of which he was once in a lifetime totally uncovered for with nothing between him and the EZ and both of which were perfectly thrown balls. Caldwell hit a wall about a month ago. It coincided with Gaffney hitting his stride, so it was somewhat masked. But it raised it's ugly head tonight and that was a real shame. For the incredible poise and patience and drive and dedication Brady brings to the table for this franchise, he deserves to be dealt a better hand.
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

I agree about Caldwell, he is not a starting WR, at best a 3rd situational type.. casting him into a starting role is an unrealistic expectation.

As far a Brady goes, suspect now as I have most of the season is that he has an injury and this causes a lot of poor throws on the short passes.
  15. E Belichick Unum

E Belichick Unum Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

3.Tom Brady,I know nobody wants to hears this,but he was so-off target,on some many easy throws.that i think that he cost us a chance at another SB victory.

In both the SD and Indy Games,Brady had many chances,but now,he seems too rattled to succeed.

I don't think he can do it anymore.....he's become too erratic,

It wasn't Brady's fault, or the offenses fault. Look to the Defense for the blame.
    Any time the Offense puts up 34 points, they did their job. Brady had a good season, not what we have seen in the past but a very good one.

Looking for a goat? Tight ends running wild down the seam for 130+ yards. That was the game. It happened at the worst possible time.
  16. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'll give you a chance to retract that Caldwell statement. That's what everyone said coming into the year, and he had a great year, and an even better postseason. He drops one ball, and all of a sudden he isn't good enough to be a starter.

Wow.
  17. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -1

We lost because our defense was gassed in the 2nd half. They didn't make any excuses and must feel as terrible as the fans this morning. They still had a great year, even though its very disappointing to come up short (so short!!) like they did yesterday.
  18. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

the only reason we lost is we lacked the speed at middle linebacker to cover the middle of field. we completely took wayne and harrison's sideline routes away early, but we had to have the safeties back to deep and it left the middle crossing routes wide open. we don't have the speed we used to at linebacker and the mismatches killed us. special teams played great. our offense did what it had to do. drops will happen but dungy changed it up at halftime and instead of going for deep passes they decided to tear us a new one right down the middle of the field.
  19. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +211 / 14 / -2

Brady is the hero when we win, so he should bear the blame when we lose. We can certainly add Josh. Someone didn't do well in the second half.

The offense had two chances at the end.

1) We could have kept the drive alive AFTER the twelve men on the field. If we kept the drive alive, we might have run out the clock and won 34-31.

2) We could have scored at the end. This was the perfect situation. Brady with the nall in hands with over a minute to go.
  20. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

We have bingo. We got beat on a few sideline route, but most of it was the quick outs to Wayne, nothing major. Up the middle we got crushed, how many plays went for 25+ to th TE? 3? 4? The defense blew this game big time. There is no excuse to blow an 18 point lead in the playoffs.