PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Take the kid gloves off BB: Use Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they played a bad game? Or the Eagles played a really good game?

These next two games are gonna be tough as well. Third straight night game, on the road, then at home on a short week against the Steelers.

Your first half theory of what you wanted to do is already blown out of the water. 3 posessions, 30 plays, 12 minutes, 17 points.
I know Bill will have these guys ready for this 2 game stretch.I personally look at Baltimore & Pittsburgh being 2 games in 1.Both teams are very similar to each other.Obviously the Steelers are better than the Ravens this year.This is just the types of games I like.I want to see the Pats put up some major points on good defenses.

Why don't you tell me?

Why don't you tell me? This time, back it up with some empirical evidence or studies of NFL injury trends in say the last 10 years.

Why are we babying him? He has carried the ball a grand total of 105 times this season. What next? Will it be ok for him not to get out of bed because he has a hangnail? The babying needs to stop.

Let's see he's had all preseason plus 12 weeks of the regular season to get over any injury. How can Maroney binkies refuse to admit that he is injury prone and then try to play the INJURY card this late in the season?

Did you even watch the Eagles game? Tom Brady nearly got killed out there runnign that empty backfield shotgun all game long. I've more than explained my reasoning for the need of a BALANCED offensive attack. Perhaps you'd care to read them over?

Good question. Go ahead and tell us with some scientific backup, or will it be more stuff you just pull randomly from a hat?

How about the fact that there's 5 games left in the season. Who the hell gets 5/16 off a season for vacation?? Does Tom Brady, does Randy Moss? Are you telling me that Maroney needs SPECIAL treatment unlike those guys? That's ridiculous.

How about the fact that you're talking out your arse on those 500 yards. Maroney has never gained 500 yards in a 3 game span. Hell I'd settle for 70 yards against the Ravens. Is that SO much to ask?

I'm sure that you think you do. But your arguments thus far have largely consisted of no more than bluster and flights of fancy.

As I have previously noted, Maroney's production has been in decline since week 7. He has only had 105 carries for the ENTIRE season. The notion that he needs RESTING is what I find ridiculous. Nobody shuts down their starting RB with 5 games to go in the season.

Do you think Tomlin is thinking he should "shut down" Parker with 5 games to go or Phillips is considerng "resting" Barber for the rest of the season with 5 games to go? Hell no! Note that both of these backs have carried the ball TWICE as often as Maroney has and these guys are coaches of Playoff Bound teams. The we need to "rest" Maroney argument is the most nonsensical excuse I've heard to date. And that's saying something.

Let's see here, answering questions with questions. Talking out of your arse and accusing others of it. Comparing Maroney to RB's of other team's who do not have one of the greatest passing attacks in the history of the game. Changing "not risking injury for no reason" to mean "resting" a player.

I find it funny that you just inferred that Tomlin and Phillips are smarter than BB. Also find it funny how you termed it "shutting down" and "resting". BB has allowed players to heal for longer periods of time than needed always unless they were absolutely needed.

In the end I am thankful that BB is coaching this team, and I'll just leave it at that, knowing full well that BB knows what is best for this team. He knows better than you or I will ever come close to knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye