PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Take Off Eh!

long time patriots fan, grew up all over ontario (now living in nunavut) and at one time had NEWS (New England Weather and Sports) hosted by a guy in his mid-late 30s with a moustache (still remember him making fun of jack morris and pock marks) if anyone can remember this guy let me know.
anyways ive been to 4 pats games all on the road.
buffalo in '01 '02 and '04
san francisco in '08 ( right after brady had his knee blown out)
AND
this year i am finally making my long awaited trip to tha boro.
we try and organize an annual sports trip
with family obligations and such this year its gonna have to be early but thats fine with me.
im lookin at lining it up with a red sox weekend jays are in town mid sept and the yankees last weekend of the reg season.
long enough intro, im actually looking for advice on places to stay, as we want to be central but realize foxboro is not, is there a better place to look for this advice.....sorry for the longwindedness of this but im already atwitter with anticipation of who i might get to see and fingers crossed, maybe even a monday or sunday nighter.

I am from the Hammer. Go Cats. Good to see some CFL fans on here supporting this great team from south of the border.

Been to Boston three times, but the only sports game I have managed to catch is the Legends Classic at Fenway last year. What a blast! Would have loved to catch the big game the day prior, but hockey at Fenway was very cool!

I seen the Pats play for the first time two season's ago, when they beat Buffalo in the final game in Buffalo, when the goalposts kept bloowing over. Buffalo is a fun place to catch a game. It was also my first ever NFL game.

I have been outside and in the Pro Shop of Gillette Stadium, but I have yet to see the inside. One day.

Glad to see by the way, Brady spending some time with Family. He is a passionate player and he knows when he needs to be back with the team.

Go Pats!

Cheers,
Larry

long enough intro, im actually looking for advice on places to stay, as we want to be central but realize foxboro is not, is there a better place to look for this advice.....sorry for the longwindedness of this but im already atwitter with anticipation of who i might get to see and fingers crossed, maybe even a monday or sunday nighter.

I like the North End of Boston myself. I stayed at The Onyx over the holidays, and before that The Bulfinch Hotel. They are within a bock of one another (the Bulfinch being my favorite), and they are quick cab ride from Fenway, and spitting distance to TD Banknorth Garden. I think it took me about 30-45 minutes to drive down to Foxboro from there.

I am sure there must be hotels closer to the stadium, but these are the places I have stayed.

Did you attend Mount A when you were in Sackville?

LOL, getting to this late, but yes, I did attend Mount A from 1998-2002.

By the way, Moncton's a nice town. I was just up there for a wedding and it's definitely undergone a bit of change.

Last edited:
I'm from Halifax, been to quite a few Pats games (old stadium, new stadium, NYC, Miami, etc.)
I am also a recently new season ticket holder. I am going to JEts vs Pats this weekend, goign to be great game.
I wont go to all games of course, so contact me if interested in some games for the 2011-2012 season.

D

I'm from Halifax, been to quite a few Pats games (old stadium, new stadium, NYC, Miami, etc.)
I am also a recently new season ticket holder. I am going to JEts vs Pats this weekend, goign to be great game.
I wont go to all games of course, so contact me if interested in some games for the 2011-2012 season.

D

I'm jealous, think you can stop by Moncton and take me with you to the game? :D

Oh darn...I wish I had known about you last week! I just spent a fortune on tickets for the Jets game in a few weeks. I'm in Dartmouth...it would have been much better to get some tickets from you (if you aren't going!). Darn!!

I know this is an old(er) thread and I hope you'll still see this message, but I noticed you're a new season ticket holder and since I can't send private messages to anyone but staff, I figured I'd check here to see if you might be willing to sell any tickets from the 11/12 season?? Reply here or message me if so.

Sorry man, I didn't see this til now...let me know if interested in tickets for next season.

Hey fellow Canucks!

From Moncton NB Canada

Pats fan since - believe it or not - the 2-14 horror show in 1981!

First game vs Jets 1983

Not a season ticket holder.

Been to Schaeffer/Sullivan/Gillette a total of 6 times and I'm pretty sure it gets better every time!

D

I just joined the board - wish I would have read your message earlier dhill ... prior to buying tickets on Stubhub! oh well. Any East Coasters going to the Pats-Bills game on November 11th? Looking for someone to have a few Picaroons with! lol

Hey there, yes me and some buddies are headed down for the bills game in Nov.
We will be tailgating so you are welcome to join us.
my email is [email protected]

Thanks! Will drop you a line. We still need to sort out how we are getting there: Car or Bowl Bus ... signed up for the Bowl Bus but its not full yet ... think they let us know a couple weeks before the game if it is a go. Can't wait!

Hi,
Pats fan in Vancouver. I have been a fan since 94 when they drafted Bledsoe.
I have been to 5 live games but they have all been road games. I need to go to Boston one of these days. I lived in Toronto for 4 years from 2000-04 and went to a few games in Buffalo and I also went to Indy( RCA dome) to watch Manning vs Brady in 03. That was fantastic. Mcginest stopped Edgerin at the one yard line to preserve the victory. Anyone remember that game? My most recent game was three weeks ago..:) I went to Seattle. Ofcourse, I wish the outcome was different.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back