PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Take Off Eh!

Another fan here from the Maritimes, Fredericton NB to be exact. I have never been to a game but plan on a trip soon. Been a fan since 94!! Wow good to see some many Canadian fans:)

Another Freddy fan here....since 92. Been to Gillette 4 times (Buff 03, SF 04, Miami 05 and Chicago 06). Seen training camp a few times too.

All the Boston teams have huge followings in New Brunswick...

Last edited:
Halifax here.Never been to Foxborough.....thats sad,I know...but the day is coming...

Looks like the Maritimes is well represented on the forums, does anybody know if there is a "Maritimes Pats Fans" site in existence?

Halifax here.Never been to Foxborough.....thats sad,I know...but the day is coming...

I'm a first generation American. My mother was from Oakland NS

and my father was from Martin's River NS. From the age of 13 to

about the age of 21, my father was a fisherman who sailed out of

Lunenburg. In those days, the schooners were made out of wood.

The fishermen left the mother ship in a small boat called a dory.

They used a drop line which was full of hooks. When the dory was

full of fish, they returned to the mother ship.

How long a trip is it from Montreal to Boston?

It's about 6 hours. I used to drive from RI to Montreal every 2 weeks for years.

Last edited:
Born and raised in Toronto. Still have a place in Toronto but our primary residence is in Fort Erie. Married an American gal, who grew up in a Bills family, so sometimes our household is a bit on edge ...... though the in-laws have been pretty quiet this decade.:D

Been a Pats fan since the early 70's. Been to a dozen or so Pats home games over the years.

I'm a first generation American. My mother was from Oakland NS

and my father was from Martin's River NS. From the age of 13 to

about the age of 21, my father was a fisherman who sailed out of

Lunenburg. In those days, the schooners were made out of wood.

The fishermen left the mother ship in a small boat called a dory.

They used a drop line which was full of hooks. When the dory was

full of fish, they returned to the mother ship.

Dude - I'm from the South Shore of NS... if your dad used to fish in a wooden boat, you must be 155 years old ! Fiberglass has been "In" for ages. OK, maybe I'm exagerrating a tad. But the millionaires from our village go to get their lobster in mansions that float !

A early Happy Canada Day to all the Pats fans, eh!

It's about 6 hours. I used to drive from RI to Montreal every 2 weeks for years.

That's right...but at the time, it would take 5 minutes to cross the border. Now it may take one additional hour just to clear customs....

Edmonton Pats fan here. Been a fan since Bledsoe was drafted. Saw my first live Pats game in Seattle last year, and going to the season opener this year. I've been lurking around the board for about 2 months, just reading articles and posts, and figured it's time to start contributing!

Just a heads up to fellow Canadian Pats fans. The first preseason game will be on Rogers Sportsnet East live and in HD.

Oh, I'm from Montreal. Been to numerous Pats games at Gillette and at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Ottawa fan here...been a fan since 2000. Loved Bledsoe, love Brady more.

I don't live in Canada now, but I did for a few years in the great province of New Brunswick, in a small town called Sackville (near Moncton). I loved living somewhere I could get the Pats on TV every weekend. I celebrated the Pats' first Super Bowl victory up there. Fine country you ladies and gentlemen have up there!

I don't live in Canada now, but I did for a few years in the great province of New Brunswick, in a small town called Sackville (near Moncton). I loved living somewhere I could get the Pats on TV every weekend. I celebrated the Pats' first Super Bowl victory up there. Fine country you ladies and gentlemen have up there!

Did you attend Mount A when you were in Sackville?

From Central British Columbia... Originally from Montreal. As a kid I used to get a snowy reception from a local tv station in Montpelier Vermont that telecast the Patriot's games. Became a big fan even though they never seemed to win..

I have been to 3 games:

Superbowl 42 in Arizona (Nuf said)

3rd game in 08 against Miami in Foxboro (birth of the wildcat offense)

Nov 08 against the Seahawks in Seattle.

Have tickets for MNF this year against the Saints.

Tailgating in Mecca is still one of my favorite memories... I hope i get to do it again real soon. But what I really want to do is attend a snow game in Foxboro.

Just a friendly heads-up....

If you have cable in the Maritimes and don't have Sunday Ticket, the Patriots game won't be on this week. FOX is giving us Rams-Titans and CTV has the Colts.

It's pretty funny that if you want to see a Pats game in the Maritimes, you have to have Sunday Ticket sometimes.

Still, Sunday Ticket is well worth the cost, $30 a month for 4 months is not too bad.

The thing is, I dunno if it's worth paying $120 to see one game. I haven't missed a game since 2001 til now and I don't have ST.

The CBS station on Rogers is from Boston, so we're usually OK. The only time there's even the chance of us missing a game is when it's on Fox (which comes from Buffalo), and that's twice a year at most.

I use Sunday Ticket to watch the other games as well. I have Star Choice and they don't have the CBS Boston on it.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back