PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Take Jason Taylor off the list of old vets to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Taylor is undergoing arthroscopic shoulder surgery today which is expected to keep him sidelined for 3-4 months so I would think those that think Taylor could be signed here for cheap could in all probability now take him out of the equation to add a cheap veteran pass rusher...I would expect him to retire by August as the Phins probably are moving on and I wouldn't think anyone would sign a 35 year old DE with a problem shoulder.

One less player to talk about....

I could see the Patriots signing him as a depth move after the inevitable injuries happen during the season.

If he's just having his shoulder scoped, I don't think that's going to prevent the Pats from going after him if they want him. BB's obviously a big fan of Taylors and I don't think he's going to be to worried if he can't attend OTAs. He would still be ready by the time training camp rolls around and that's when BB would want him here. I don't think the Pats are going to let it drag on this year and get burnt like last year. I think they'll contact him in the first few days of free agency, make an offer and if he doesn't accept it within a given timeframe they will just move on.

I wouldn't be surprised if BB tells Taylor to keep his card free after training camp, and see where they're both at then.

I wouldn't be surprised if BB tells Taylor to keep his card free after training camp, and see where they're both at then.

I'd call it very likely....;)

Since we're looking at him missing OTAs and not training camp, and he'd still be able to study the playbook, I'm not sure this necessarily precludes signing him.

Another over the hill stiff, just what the team needs.

Last year, in 341 pass-rushes, he had 8 sacks, 4 hits and 20 hurries. He also forced 3 fumbles and had an INT.

Hes got something left. Not sure how much?

Since we're looking at him missing OTAs and not training camp, and he'd still be able to study the playbook, I'm not sure this necessarily precludes signing him.

I agree. Besides, does'nt BB usually give the older guys a break on most of that ota stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots