PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Take it for however you wanna take it... Jets will win the AFC East and the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Take it for however you wanna take it... Jets will win the AFC East and the Patri

The Jets are not going to make the playoffs...

Re: Take it for however you wanna take it... Jets will win the AFC East and the Patri

Ill be back after week 1 just to say gg...
No you won't...all talk..BIG talk now..but you'll be nowhere to be seen...GONE!!!! Do you think you are the first big mouth troll that has said that???

Last edited:

Will bust as an "Over Hyped" "Team" and actually miss the playoffs for the first time in a long time. And I won't sit here and lie, as a Jet fan... I'm gonna be loving it.

As a Jets fan, your clearly biased. From reading your post, you pretty stupid also. Let me break down your post for you.

Now I know every team has bad luck with injuries, and as a fan it's annyoying when it happens to be big name players, just ask the Jets who went 4-12 with an injured Chad... The Patriots have lost two key players that were leaders of that Defense in each and every playoff and superbowl run.

R.Seymour will be hard to replace, yea Jarvis Green is actually more than an average backup DE, but at the same time... As a Jet fan... He's no R.Seymour, not even close. Not only can R.Seymour get after the QB with the best of em, he at times can help contain if not shut down the run by finding a way to get past the D-Line, He can play LB, DT, DE, he's been a play-maker for this NE Defense for quite some time in my eyes.. At first I was worried about Seymour going up against one of our younger offensive O-Lineman in Ferguson from the left side, with J.Green now starting I honestly feel that the Brick can do more than just hold his own.

R.Harrison? I guess all those cheap shots and late hits from Harrison all through his playing career wasnt because he was actually a dirty player, I now feel it was simply something we call "Roid Rage". But at the same time, he was honestly a leader of that Defense who would make the tough hits and the tough tackles that made him a great Safety for many of years in that Defensive backfield. Will teams still be nervious about passing through the middle of the field as of right now? Maybe not. Call me crazy, but the Patriots Defense may just feel a strong impact from the loss of 2 leaders and 2 all pro type players for a good 6 weeks, if not longer. R.Seymour was the leader on that D-Line with Wilfork and Warren and R.Harrison was the leader of that secondary with A.Samuels. Is A.Samules even ready to start this week?

OK. You didn't address the fact that the Pats beat the Jets without Harrison in the play-offs. You also didn't address the additions of Meriweather (who is better than Revis) and Adalius Thomas. Yes, Samuel will be ready for week 1. And even if he wasn't, that Pats duo of Hobbs and Gay could handle Coles and Cotchery.

You also over-look Ty Warren and Vince Wilfork. Warren was, arguably, the best 3-4 DE in the league last year. 84 Tackles, 7.5 sacks. That from a DE whose job it is to hold the gaps for the LBs to make the plays. Says ALOT.

The loss of C.Dillon may just hurt this NE Patriots rushing attack... He may have lost a step or two, but he was one player who could always get that extra 2-3 yards and be that work-house that every great team needs to set up the pass. One thing about Dillon, I seen it all last year, he would help tire down the Defense and L.Maroney would benefit alot by the smash mouth style of play from Dillon. Can Maroney stay healthy? Can Maroney make it through a full 16 game season as the feature back? Who knows, maybe so... But as a Jets fan, I know one thing... The loss of Dillon may just slow down the progression of Maroney.

The Pats also have Kevin Faulk, arguably the best 3rd down back in the league. He's been a starter. Sammy Morris is a more than capable RB as well. With the zone blociing in full affect, Maroney should have a field day. As for the question of his health, yep, its an issue. But, when you look at how he did in college, he added carries each and every year without issue.

The Montana-Rice and Manning-Harrison connection has been so great and in my eyes it's all based on timing, trust, chemestry, and feel for the WR's... Look at Manning and Harrison, have you ever seen the way they practice with eachother before games? As far as Brady-Moss goes, I really dont feel Moss is the Moss from his days with the Vikings, and I just dont feel that Brady will take the league by storm like alot of NE fans think.

Stallworth is nothing more than a deep threat who may pull a hammy when going for a Tom Brady hail marry. I know one thing, Moss and Stallworth are not the recievers to ask to make that tough 3rd and 8, or that tough catch in the middle of the field in crutial situations. Welker may just be the best WR on this team.

Well, thank you for proving how little you know about the Pats... The Pat go to the man who is open. I would think that someone who has been on the other side of the rivalry would know that by now. And, you forget guys like K. Faulk and Ben Watson.

Just having the options to go other places than Moss or Stallworth makes this team more deadly. Because you have to either play them one on one, They'll get open. If you double one of them up, you leave someone like Welker or Watson open. And Brady can find them.

All your "assessment" has done is make an arse of yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lat season the Patriots only finished 2 games above the Jets in the AFC East standing.

Last season we made the playoffs with Kevin Barlow, D.Blaylock, and C.Houston as our runningbacks... lmao. This year we have a 1-2 punch in Thomas Jones and Leon Washington who can take it for a huge gain each and every time he gets the ball in the flats.

How quickly one forgets Washington....

Last season we had 2 rookies on the O-Line in Ferguson and Mangold. I know one thing, I'v had a chance to see a great HOC Center play in his prime in Kevin Mayae, and with Mangold... Bare injury, this kid is a future pro-bowl center for years to come. Last season Brickashaw Ferguson made some rookie mistakes at times, which is expected and in the NFL, rookies who start right away will make mistakes... But as a fan I can say this... We drafted a Franchise LT, and that 4th pick in round one was well spent.

Last season D'Brick had the luxury of a veteran guard to pick up the slack for him.... He won't have that this season. Instead, they'll be relying on Mangold and D'Brick to cover up the LOUSY LG situation. Its a bit too early to say that D'Brickashaw is a FRANCHISE LT in the mold of Orlando Pace or Walter Jones.

A
s far as WR's go... We have Pocket A's if you ask me. Coles in one of the toughest WR's to play the position in a long time, and a player who will get his 1,000 yards recieving each and every year. J.Cotchery came into his own last year as a first year starter, much before the late TD in the 4th Quarter vs New England... This kid broke almost each and every record set by T.Holt while playing at UNC, dont ask me why Herm Edwards had this kid on the bench for 2 seasons... Dont ask me.

Coles and Cotchery are no different than Stallworth and Moss. I think you drastically over-rate Coles. Cotchery is a damn good WR, but you over-rate Coles.

Last season we actually made the playoffs with a rookie HC in Eric Mangini (Thanks alot BB and the whole Patriots front office)along with a first year OC in Martys boy.

Last season you lucked into the play-offs. Sorry, but I haven't seen any improvement in the Jets. Particularly on the D-Line and at corner. Yes, you've got 2 good young Safeties in Coleman and Rhodes, but your corners are less than respectable.

Last year we also made the playoffs in our first year running the 3-4 under Mangini after so many years in the 4-3 with Herm Edwards. We even had Kimo as our starting DE, guess what? He's been cut. This year players such as Vilma, Ellis, Robertson, Barton, Hobson and B.Thomas will all be in thier 2nd year under the 3-4 and with the addition of David Harris, I look for our front 7 to be alot better stopping the run...

So, you are saying that cutting Kimo is addition by subtraction? OK. Who is replacing him? As for Harris, he's a rookie in a new defense. I haven't heard anything impressive about him.

This year we went and brang is a proven work horse in Thomas Jones, we drafted the best CB out of the draft in D.Revis who has looked great in preseason (First CB drafted by the Jets since Aaron Glenn) And we also drafted D.Harris out of Michigan in the 2nd round where most draft experts say he was the 2nd best MLB in the draft (And he played a 3-4 D) and a for sure 1st round talent.

Thomas Jones has never had a line as pitiful as the Jets, except when he was in Arizona. In fact, during his years in Chicago (his best) he had one of the best O-lines in terms of run-blocking in front of him.

With C.Baker being who is a solid TE, Chad Pennington will have alot of options on the O-Side of the ball... We just need our O-Line to work as a better unit coming into it's 2nd season working together. This has been Chads first offseason in over 3 years where he has actually been healthy. Say what you want about Chad, but he knows how to manage a game, he knows how to win, and he had 2 recievers last season with NO RUN GAME almost with 1,000 yards recieving... Well Cotch actually missed 1,000 by a small number.

If a QB has no running game, he damn well better have 2 receivers with almost 1000 yards or he just sucks...

Not to forget... But we also have one the best secondarys in the AFC as of right now with Dyson, Revis, Miller(Who is one of the best KR's in the game today) and Barrett as our 4 CB's and E.Coleman and K.Rhodes as our safetys, Look at E.Reeds stats, and look at K.Rhodes stats from last year... And tell me who should have been in the pro bowl?

*ROFLMAO* One of the best secondaries? Hardly. You have an untested Revis and an Andre Dyson who your team is supposedly shopping around. Yes, Coleman and Rhodes are GOOD, but I don't know if I'd put Rhodes as an Pro-Bowler, just yet.

Call me crazy all you want... Jets only finished 2 games behind the Pats last year for the AFC East... We are 10 times better this year with year 2 under Mangini that as a Jet fan, it's not even funny. Just dont think that you all will run away with this division... Because i'm telling you now... Jets will be the AFC East champions... It's then up to the Pats to fight for the Wilcard. Last year we had to fight for the wild card and win 3 games str8 to make the playoffs... This year it's the Patriots turn.

Your schedule is actually harder than the Patriots and your team has actually done LESS to improve than the Patriots. Is it possible that the Jets could win the Division? Yep. Just as its possible for me to be holding the winning Mega Millions lottery ticket. ANYTHING is possible. What is probable is that the Jets O-line gets Pennington hurt this year because your LG is horrid. I'm being nice when I say that your RG is mediocre, at best.

Yes, the Jets have some offense receiving talent, but if they can't protect Pennington, it won't matter. And you'd be a fool to think that you can stop Warren one up.

I think the Jets regress and finish at 8-8 to 9-7.

Bro... You lost any kind of credit that you could have ever had from me right there... E.Colman can start over Sanders any day... How many games has Sanders started in his Backup Career? And what round was he drafted?

Hahaha, nice argument. I guess Chad Pennington is better than Tom Brady, huh?

Seymour and Harrison are injured every year. Green will fill in fine for Seymour. As far as the secondary goes, that is the least of my worries when 80% of Penntington's throws are two running backs and 5 yards routes for recievers. Pennington isn't going to scare anybody with his deep ball. In fact, the Jets offense will not scare anybody. Cotchery and Coles are good but they will only be as good as their QB is and Pennington isn't that guy. It's a matter of time until Clemons takes over for him. I can't believe you took the time to write all that crap. You can talk all you want if the Jets win week 1, which still doesn't mean a damn thing. The Pats offense will move up and down the field at will against your "great" Jets defense that your have built up. I sure hope the Jets defensive gameplan doesn't mirror last year's which includes your safeties playing up near the line of scrimmage or else it's going to be a long day for the secondary. I hope you wish Mangini's defense good luck against Moss and Stallworth going deep on your rookie corner. Watson and Welker working the middle against your LB's. Finally, this will leave plenty of running room for Maroney's explosiveness to take over the game. Good luck week 1 bro, you will need it.

Last edited:

Labor day weekend, and all the junior high students are home from school...and see what happens?

Let the games begin...

can hardly wait till the Charger crowd gets here next week, they are always good for a laugh too....

I have nothing but facts in that thread...

No, you've used your OPINION based on your misconstruing the facts.

To sum it up...

Seymour who is a leader on that DLine='s... Out.

Harrison who has been a play-maker in that secondary for year now= Out.

I dont care what anyone says... Thats like the Jets losing Vilma and Rhodes... Loosing 2 starting defensive player who happen to be the 2 leaders of the D is a big time problem. BB is one hell of a coach, if not great right? Tell me this... Tell me why he had Seymour and Harrison as the starters?

You're a fool to believe this. Especially with all the talent the Pats have on Defense. Wilfork, Warren, Green, Wright, Thomas, Bruschi, Vrabel, Hobbs, Gay, Wilson, Meriweather.

Dillon who may have lost a step or two but at the same time was still a proven workhorse in the backfield=Gone

A Runner who has yeat to prove that he can handle the work-load for a full 16 game season, let alone a single game in the NFL in L.Maroney. Who in my eyes had injury problems at the end of last season, and most of TC and Preseason this year...=IN

Hmm.. Lets see, Maroney's ribs got messed up and helped cause a shoulder issue. He had off-season surgery (much like Noodle arm) and you think that Maroney can't handle a full load? Are you just friggin stupid or do you go out of your way to act like it? Maroney had a majority of the carries in his sophomore and junior seasons in Minnesota. An offense that ran the ball more than any NFL offense.

LaDanian Tomlinson missed all of pre-season last year and this year. How'd that turn out for him?

Last season the Jets had Barlow and Blaylock as starting runningbacks coming into week 1... Let me guess... Thomas Jones and Leon Washington are not upgrades as a 1-2 punch in the backfield?

Washington finished the season as one of your top RBs. Nothing like being disingenuous there.

Last year we had a rookie HC in Mangini, a 1st year OC in Martys Boy, 2 rookies on the O-Line, a defense playing it's first year under Mangini's 3-4, Kimo on the D-Line, No true #2 CB... Thats why we drafted Revis... No explosive MLB playing next to Vilma... Thats why we added D.Harris out of Michigan... And guess what? With all those problems and concerns... We still made the playoffs, split with NE, and only finished 2 games out from winning the AFC East... I already know this year is the Jets year to take over NE... Its about to happen. Cya after the game.

I doubt we'll see you after the game. As for Revis. He's unproven. As is Harris. And you acting like Kimo is addition by subtraction is pretty funny.

This is the year where your heart gets broken again.

Hey everyone..I am also from Jetnation and I just wanted to say hello and here's to a good, competitive game with no injuries.

Just glad regular season football is back.

Bro... You lost any kind of credit that you could have ever had from me right there... E.Colman can start over Sanders any day... How many games has Sanders started in his Backup Career? And what round was he drafted?

Brady was drafted in the 6th round. Pennington in the 1st round. Its pretty clear who the better QB is between them.

OH, and Sanders has started 7 games in 2 years, filling in for Harrison. What's your point? OH wait, you don't have one because you asked a question you didn't already know the answer to.

And are you really serious and do you actually really believe that a rookie in Merriweather can start over a Superstar in the NFL in K.Rhodes? Man... How bout you pay attention to ESPN, SI, watch some damn games... Because SI has K.Rhodes as the 29th best player in the NFL...

Bro, you really know nothing. The Pats secondary may just be the downfall on thier season.

*ROFLMAO* So, because Peter King said that Rhodes was the 29th best player in the league, you believe him? I guess there is no point in talking with you any more because you are clearly delusional.

DefenseWinsChampionship's is this year's Aquafever4ever, claiming that the Dolphins would overtake the Pats for the division crown with Culpepper.

Hmm, it appears we are going to be torn apart by the jets "Murderer's Row".

I love the idea that finishing "just two games behind" in a 16-game schedule is the same as, say, it would be in baseball over 162. A 2-game win is pretty solid in the NFL.

The Patriots have lost two key players that were leaders of that Defense in each and every playoff and superbowl run.

Seymour was actually out for the playoffs in 2004 and 2005, only returning for the Super Bowl, and Rodney was out last year, when the team was one first down away from the Super Bowl, and the year before, when the team still made the divisional round. Give me a break.

R.Seymour will be hard to replace, yea Jarvis Green is actually more than an average backup DE, but at the same time... As a Jet fan... He's no R.Seymour, not even close. Not only can R.Seymour get after the QB with the best of em, he at times can help contain if not shut down the run by finding a way to get past the D-Line, He can play LB, DT, DE, he's been a play-maker for this NE Defense for quite some time in my eyes..

Problem is, Warren's the true force on the defensive line. I'd be more worried about Ferguson against him than Seymour. Jarvis is also a better pash rusher than Seymour, and in those playoff runs you were talking about, was one of the best defensive players on the field. Oh, and Seymour can't play LB. I don't know when you've seen that.

R.Harrison? I guess all those cheap shots and late hits from Harrison all through his playing career wasnt because he was actually a dirty player, I now feel it was simply something we call "Roid Rage". ...Call me crazy, but the Patriots Defense may just feel a strong impact from the loss of 2 leaders and 2 all pro type players for a good 6 weeks, if not longer. R.Seymour was the leader on that D-Line with Wilfork and Warren and R.Harrison was the leader of that secondary with A.Samuels. Is A.Samules even ready to start this week?

Rodney's suspended for 4 games and has played all of about 8 games over the past two seasons anyways. It's not like the Jets suddenly have a huge advantage they didn't have in last year's playoffs; Rodney wasn't playing then either. Oh, and HGH isn't steroids; it doesn't cause symptoms of roid rage.

The loss of C.Dillon may just hurt this NE Patriots rushing attack... He may have lost a step or two, but he was one player who could always get that extra 2-3 yards and be that work-house that every great team needs to set up the pass. One thing about Dillon, I seen it all last year, he would help tire down the Defense and L.Maroney would benefit alot by the smash mouth style of play from Dillon.

Dillon really sucked last year. He was already retired in his mind. He broke a few good runs but just wasn't the same after the injury he suffered the year before.

Stallworth is nothing more than a deep threat who may pull a hammy when going for a Tom Brady hail marry. I know one thing, Moss and Stallworth are not the recievers to ask to make that tough 3rd and 8, or that tough catch in the middle of the field in crutial situations. Welker may just be the best WR on this team.

Many of us, including myself, have said Welker will be the most productive receiver on the team. Moss is still the best receiver on the team; healthy and motivated, there's never been a WR in the NFL with his sheer talent and athletic ability. Ever.

Lat season the Patriots only finished 2 games above the Jets in the AFC East standing.

And then kicked the crap out of them in the playoffs.

Last season we had 2 rookies on the O-Line in Ferguson and Mangold. I know one thing, I'v had a chance to see a great HOC Center play in his prime in Kevin Mayae, and with Mangold... Bare injury, this kid is a future pro-bowl center for years to come. Last season Brickashaw Ferguson made some rookie mistakes at times, which is expected and in the NFL, rookies who start right away will make mistakes... But as a fan I can say this... We drafted a Franchise LT, and that 4th pick in round one was well spent.

Mawae was not a HOF center. He was a very good (very dirty) player, but not a hall of famer. Oh, and the name is D'Brickashaw... you should probably know that.

As far as WR's go... We have Pocket A's if you ask me. Coles in one of the toughest WR's to play the position in a long time, and a player who will get his 1,000 yards recieving each and every year. J.Cotchery came into his own last year as a first year starter, much before the late TD in the 4th Quarter vs New England... This kid broke almost each and every record set by T.Holt while playing at UNC, dont ask me why Herm Edwards had this kid on the bench for 2 seasons... Dont ask me.

I like both of these players, but can you honestly say that they're better than Moss, Stallworth, and Welker? No, you can't. And Noodle Arm is a far, far inferior passer than Brady.

This year we went and brang is a proven work horse in Thomas Jones, we drafted the best CB out of the draft in D.Revis who has looked great in preseason (First CB drafted by the Jets since Aaron Glenn) And we also drafted D.Harris out of Michigan in the 2nd round where most draft experts say he was the 2nd best MLB in the draft (And he played a 3-4 D) and a for sure 1st round talent.

Didn't you just say "rookies who start make mistakes?" The Patriots traded away their pick rather than take David Harris, who was at a position of need for the team; I don't think he's the answer.

With C.Baker being who is a solid TE

I doubt he could make the Patriots. He definitely could not have last year with Graham.

Not to forget... But we also have one the best secondarys in the AFC as of right now with Dyson, Revis, Miller(Who is one of the best KR's in the game today) and Barrett as our 4 CB's and E.Coleman and K.Rhodes as our safetys, Look at E.Reeds stats, and look at K.Rhodes stats from last year... And tell me who should have been in the pro bowl?

No you don't. The Jets are trying to get rid of Dyson, Revis is a rookie, Miller's a pure STer, and Barrett is a stiff. Kerry Rhodes is good, but that's about it (and Ed Reed is the best player, period, in the NFL... Rhodes doesn't have anything on him).

Call me crazy all you want... Jets only finished 2 games behind the Pats last year for the AFC East... We are 10 times better this year with year 2 under Mangini that as a Jet fan, it's not even funny. Just dont think that you all will run away with this division... Because i'm telling you now... Jets will be the AFC East champions... It's then up to the Pats to fight for the Wilcard. Last year we had to fight for the wild card and win 3 games str8 to make the playoffs... This year it's the Patriots turn.

I think the Jets make the playoffs as a wild card. But, objectively speaking, the division is the Patriots' to lose.

The thread starter is a typical Jest fan. At the beginning of the season they are chest thumping and full of bravado. By mid-season they are turning on themselves and ready to eat their young.

Chad just does not have a strong enough arm to carry the Jets to a division title.

I am not commenting toward the troll but hell I'd rather get my football infomation here then i would at SI or ESPN.

Chad just does not have a strong enough arm to carry the Jets to a division title.

And that's really all it boils down to. I would be more concerned with a guy like Clemens at QB because he has more raw talent and could make the Jets a more dangerous offense to deal with. But Pennington? You can only do so much with a precision passing game. He has quality receivers to make plays after the catch but it won't stretch the field....and NE fans know what problems an offense will have if they can't stretch the field.

Jets had the easiest schedule in the division last year

This year will be so much more difficult, NO cupcake schedule for the Jets.

Expectations are also higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back