Welcome to PatsFans.com

Take care Rudy... Thanks for playing

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jul 13, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Firefighters: Giuliani Ditched 9/11 Body Recovery 24 Hours After Securing $230 Million In Buried Gold

Former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani has regularly touted his leadership in the wake of 9/11 as one of his major selling points. A host of 9/11 responders have alleged, however, that Giuliani provided them with poor radios, misled them into working amidst toxic fumes, and most recently, hastily cleared out the rubble before bodies were all recovered.

Six weeks after 9/11, Giuliani abandoned efforts to recover remaining bodies and buckled to pressure from developers eager to “scoop” the rubble:

The fact is that the Mayor’s switch to a scoop-and-dump coincided with the removal of tens of millions of dollars of gold, silver and other assets of the Bank of Nova Scotia that were buried beneath what was once the towers. Once the money was out, Giuliani sided with the developers that opposed a lengthy recovery effort, and ordered the scoop-and-dump operation so they could proceed with redevelopment.​

redevelopment? have they built anything there yet?
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 5 / -22

A page from the Republican Play book..
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

The union guy who is smearing Rudy is a Clinton (the hildabeast) from NY hell the Clinton campaign probably worte the press release.

Rudy was oput of office by the time the recovery effort was stopped, Guilani attend every funeral of the cops and firefighters who died on 9-11.

Wanna guess how many funerals Hillary attended?

My neigbhor is a retired PA cop who was on duty that morning. He was heading downtown after the first tower was hit, his boss told him to wait at the PA, he never saw his boss again. The rank and file admire Rudy for his behavior during and especially after 9-11. The union boss is bought and paid for by Clinton.
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

yes, of course... the obligatory Clinton deflection from our favorite spinner... he most certainly WAS still in office when he ended the recovery effort... in fact, he had a few members arrested for continuing the search against his wishes... his term ended on Jan. 1, 2002; he ordered the halt to the recovery effort in Nov. of 2001... so again, you're just LYING, or ignorant.... much like your president, not sure which is worse...

of course, we're all well aware that the Clintons bought all 280,000 members of the IAFF... :rolleyes:

Yesterday, Harold Schaitberger of the International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) — the nation’s largest firefighters organization, consisting of 280,000 members — assailed Giuliani, detailing how the mayor ditched body-recovery efforts only 24 hours after recovering the $230 million in gold. “He found the gold on October 31, and on November 1 is when he issued the order to remove the firefighters from their recovery mode.” Watch it:​

oh, and... from Wiki...

Giuliani declined to appear at the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) sponsored March 14, 2007 forum. The IAFF's bipartisan presidential forum in Washington, D.C., included ten other major Democratic and Republican candidates seeking their support for their Presidential aspirations. The relations between Giuliani and the firefighters' union are strained due to their contention that he abandoned efforts to recover remains and effects of firefighters and other victims in the rubble of the World Trade Center, despite his public posturing of support​
  5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Its hard to believe that someone would actually post a thread stating Giuliani has the rank and files admiration. Do you ever see any ships on that isolated Island of yours? Rudy is toast. He's running on 9/11 and its not even worth the bother to point out his disastrous flaws pertaining to that time period let alone his continued misdeeds pertaining to 9/11 committees that he chose to be included in until he decided he had other priorities. If he's your man, you might want to have another candidate in the wings (McCain wouldn't be a good choice)
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

And you know how many NYPD, NYFD and PA officers do you know?
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

We Need More Condoms
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

no comment concerning your blatant lie in post #3 i suppose?

cool.... good choice...
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

How many NY first responders do you know?
  10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, i have a one first cousin in each, actually... a captain in a Bronx precinct of the FDNY (who was at the pile for 2 weeks), and a detective in the NYPD... i don't see them as often as when we were kids, but i saw them in the summer of '04, and they loathe Guliani... how bout you?

also, there was that issue about post #3? care to retract that now, or shall we mark you down as a fabricator, just like your favorite administration?
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Rudi will be fine. This isn't what he needs to worry about. What he needs to worry about is what skelatons get mentioned should he actually win the nomination. Should he face Hillary heads up, it will be the nastiest presidential campaign we've ever seen. This is just a smear bump. The worst still lies ahead.
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

honestly though... the man called off body recovery efforts... was it not cost effective to sift through that rubble for a few more weeks/months or something? what was the hurry? "redevelopment?"... what have they built there 6 yrs. later?... instead, they waited just long enough to get the gold, then got right to scooping the rubble... more than a bump, i'd say... this could really dog him...

between this, his crossdressing, and his hawkish stance on the Middle East, i don't think this guy's got a snowball's chance...

like the piece said... the Kerry swiftboaters were lying... this is documented fact...
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

You're hoping it dogs him, but again, it's just a smear bump. A couple of people complaining isn't what he really has to worry about. Trust me, there will be far worse should he actually win the nod. I like Rudi because of his results oriented record in NYC. The guy took a crime infested bleep hole of a place, and made it respectable. That's what I like about him. However, his 12 marraiges and assorted other crap leaves me less than enlightened. Like I said before, this election will come down to match ups. Who wins depends on who is facing who come november 2008.
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

BTW, that doesn't mean that this story isn't damaging. Obviously it is, it's just a matter of my feeling it's not a stake through the heart like some people hope it will be.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

His personal life will be what brings him down. He can't survive that. This country will vote for Obama before they vote for a mess like Rudi. The Dems have at least four that can wipe the floor with them, but then again, they should have been able to beat The Retard, and couldn't.
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

There are only two Dems with a real shot, and that's Obama and Clinton. Edwards is a never was, and never will be. Obama is very likeable which gives him a shot versus almost anyone. Clinton on the other hand is extremely disliked by a large portion of the populace. Who she faces will be interesting. There could potentionally be a huge swath of voters that vote against her, as opposed to voting for someone else. That's why I think it comes down to mathc ups. Rudi will have a shot versus Hillary, whereas i think he loses to Obama. The Repubs don't really have a strong overall candidate. It will be interesting to see how the public percieves Thomspon when he enters. I'm still holding out hope that Jesse Ventura joins the fray. Anyhow, it's so far out that all of this is pure speculation, but match-ups will be what matters. IMO anyway.
  17. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE EVER GET THIS... DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS ALL WORK FOR THE SAME AGENDA... HOW FRICKIN HARD IS THIS TO COMPREHEND?!?!?!?

RON PAUL IS THE ONLY LOGICAL CHOICE.
  18. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

that reports confirms more than it dispells... and leaning on logic along the lines of "In the end, there were, in many cases, no remains to be recovered," really misses the point... He called off the search for remains less than 24 hours after finding the gold... Drawing "some" firefighters down for "safety reasons" also rings hollow... They're firefighters...
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And David Dinkins or Ed Koch would have done *what* differently?? With Dinkins, the mess would probably still be sitting there, as the unions fought over who got to do what. Same thing if it was Koch, only there'd be "Happy Faces" stenciled all over the Village.

For every Repub you have a negative spin. But there's no bias in your family. ;) (You have it all.)

//