PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Take Calvin Johnson & Patrick Willis

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably the biggest idiot I've ever seen.

Wow, I would have thought it was too early to start nominating dumbest threads of 2007...

We trade Matt Light, Stephen Neal & Matt Cassel, plus one of our first round picks to the Raiders for the #1. If the Raiders go for JaMarcus Russell, we can work the same deal with Detroit. (Calvin Johnson)

We trade Asante Samuel, Eugene Wilson, plus one of our first round picks to Houston for their 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks. (Patrick Willis)

We take our 2nd round pick and one of our 3rd rounders to move up in the second round so we have two picks in the top 10. Then we can go after Staley, Yugoh, Meriweather, Kevin Houston, whoever.

Our remaining 3rd round pick - Zak Deossie to play outside linebacker.

With our remaining picks - have a ball!

He must mean to do the trade in next years version of Madden08

Absolutely NO.
High draft picks on receivers does not translate into wins.
And I have seen Patrick Willis clips where he gets completely faked out on plays, and he is too small to play in our system.

Wow, I would have thought it was too early to start nominating dumbest threads of 2007...

if that's the case then i think this thread just leapfrogged over some of mine..

I thought it was close until i realized that this lunatic is 100% serious.

What a moron.:singing:

Wow. Pointing out all the dumbfounding things in this topic would take way too long. I thought Falcons fans were clueless, this one is a winner.

????????????????????????

I mean, ????????????????????????????????????

This thread is ridiculous.

Personally, I would prefer to trade EVERY DRAFT PICK we have for the rest of time for Calvin Johnson. This guy is 1,000,000,000,000% (at least) certain of being a Hall of Famer and will break all career receiving records in his first game.
I would use a Time Machine to keep resurrecting the careers of our current crop of players.
Beat that, Owl.

Crazy, let me first say that I appreciate the thought you put into your reply and your manner. Let me elaborate on why I thought it might be feasible.

1. From the time I've spent in the Oakland Raider forums, not only the fans, but Al Davis, is in a hurry to be competitive.

2. It would be 2/5 of a starting OLine that made it to the AFC Championship.

3. And this is a stretch, but the last time the Raiders won any Championship without a former Patriot's QB was Ken Stabler.

4. With the pick we trade them, coupled with their 2nd or 3rd, they would easily be able to move up and secure Marshawn Lynch, the #2 RB in the draft and a local kid.

Thanks again.

1. Improving the OL a little and having another QB on the team with very little experience doesn't make the team competitive in a hurry. Honestly, I think Russell brings more to that team than everything they get in that trade. Look at it this way. Would the Titans have won more games this past season if they had Matt Light and Neal instead of Vince Young?

2. They also signed 2/3 of a starting DL that won a Super Bowl back in 2003. Ted Washington and Bobby Hamilton did improve things a little but it didn't change the overall state of the team.

3. Yeah, it's definately a stretch. It's like when they give this kind of stat: "The Patriots are 0-7 all-time at Dallas, having last played there in 1977. Then what does it matter? I'm pretty sure there will be no carryover from that game.

4. So going in with the #1 and #33 picks in the draft, they come out with Marshawn Lynch, Matt Light, Stephen Neal and Matt Cassell? They don't even come remotely close to getting equal value.

Like others have said, and it's not a cut down, you're making a video game trade with the Raiders and Texans. Neither team gets good value whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back