PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tailgating Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDparty

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I read these forums everyday, but don't really post much. I'm going to the game this weekend, and plan on tailgating, but its been a while since the last time I actually got to go to a game (week 17 against the 49ers in 04). My question is, can you have bottles of beer in the parking lot, or are only cans and cups acceptable. I'm not sure if theres a rule on this, but I've seen it at some other places, so I wanted to be sure. Thanks.

Great question that I'd be interested in hearing the answer to as well.

I am guessing that the Patriots.com website has info and probably says that alcohol is prohibited so the real question is, what do they actually enforce?

How about bringing food and drink into the stadium? Is anything allowed? At most places plastic bottled water is allowed. Do they check bags closely? Metal detectors?

I was talking about having beer bottles in the parking lot. On the website, it states that you can't bring alcohol from outside into the stadium, but I didn't see any specific rules on tailgating in the parking lot, except no open fires.

Beer Bottles, bottles of liquor etc are fine .

SoCal Bong said:
How about bringing food and drink into the stadium? Is anything allowed? At most places plastic bottled water is allowed. Do they check bags closely? Metal detectors?
No food or drink allowed in. They check bags in fact they may not let you bring one in at all (the last preseason game my wife had a bag with a pair of sweats for my 5 year old. We had bought some stuff at the proshop tent outside the stadium and the woman checking bags said" you can't bring in the bag with the seats unless you put it in the plastic bag from the proshop." go figure). They also do a patdown, you have to take your hat off and open up/turn on any cameras or cell phones.

No kegs, though. Kill joys.

PatsDparty said:
Hey everyone,
I read these forums everyday, but don't really post much. I'm going to the game this weekend, and plan on tailgating, but its been a while since the last time I actually got to go to a game (week 17 against the 49ers in 04). My question is, can you have bottles of beer in the parking lot, or are only cans and cups acceptable. I'm not sure if theres a rule on this, but I've seen it at some other places, so I wanted to be sure. Thanks.

bottles are fine.

I know that my K of C Council brings bottleswhen we go to our annual game.

PatsRI said:
They also do a patdown, you have to take your hat off and open up/turn on any cameras or cell phones.
Why do they want you to open up/turn on cameras or cell phone?

I going to a couple of games (Colts and Jets at. Gilette) this year and of course I would like to bring a camera. Will this be a problem? Can I bring binoculars? Or a cellphone (which has a camera)?

Is there a museum/Patriots Hall of Fame and if so is it open on gamedays?

I´ve never been to a football game before. In fact this will be my first visit to the USA. Anyway I´m not familiar with these things and would appreciate it if one of you would answer these questions.

Thanks.

Patsgirl_DK said:

I going to a couple of games (Colts and Jets at. Gilette) this year and of course I would like to bring a camera. Will this be a problem? Can I bring binoculars? Or a cellphone (which has a camera)?

I´ve never been to a football game before. In fact this will be my first visit to the USA. Anyway I´m not familiar with these things and would appreciate it if one of you would answer these questions.

Thanks.
no problem bringing a camera... cell phones ok.. binoculars ok... no museum..
they check to be sure they are real.... everyone has seen those fake binoculars that you fill with booze.

Last edited:
PatsWorldChamps said:
no problem bringing a camera...
they check to be sure they are real.... everyone has seen those fake binoculars that you fill with booze.
Thanks. Never seen those so I didn´t think about that.

The last two times I've been to Gillette I've taken my camera, and it wasn't checked at all (wasn't asked to turn it on or even take it out of my pocket). So like most security the security there isn't 100% consistent.

Patsgirl_DK said:
Just to make sure you are not declaring Jihad on Foxboro.

Patsgirl_DK said:

Thanks.

Cameras are fine. It's usually a good idea to take them out of your pockets and hold them up so you can go through security quicker.

Binoculars, although I've never brought any, are fine.

Cellphones are fine.

Don't think there's a Pats HOF open to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back