PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tailgating power

SmokeShowin

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
What do you guys use to power TV's and such. Every year we add something else to our tailgating inventory. I want to add a TV but am unsure about powering it. We looked at the power converters that plug into your cigarette outlet, but figure it may kill the car battery. I was looking into the portable power supply that doubles as a jump starter, but heard that they don't last long. I'm guessing that we should just invest in a small generator. Someone I know was talking about rigging up a car battery. :confused:

What do you guys suggest. It'll probably be used for a toaster too for the 1 pm games where we do breakfast. Or maybe even a blender for drinks.

Thanks for any help.

Jimmy V.

I would go with a super quiet Inverter Generator. I know Honda makes a good 2000W Inverter.

Jimmy V, a small and quite generator is your best bet, obviously!!! LOL

The Mitsubishi Inverter MGC 1101 is the unit we have been using. It is fairly light wt. and has a good power output for lights, radio, toaster oven. sm. microwave and especially blender.

Hope this helps?

Grand Puh Bah
Water Buffalo Tailgating Club
617,464.4481 ext 4

Jimmy V, a small and quite generator is your best bet, obviously!!! LOL

The Mitsubishi Inverter MGC 1101 is the unit we have been using. It is fairly light wt. and has a good power output for lights, radio, toaster oven. sm. microwave and especially blender.

Hope this helps?

Grand Puh Bah
Water Buffalo Tailgating Club
617,464.4481 ext 4

Thanx. :D :D

we use a coleman 750 works great and powers everthing in and out of our bus

Attachments

• bus.jpg
    bus.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,113
Holy crap that's a sweet bus!!!

I've seen plenty of people use inverter chords plugged into their cigarette lighter. You aren't going to drain the battery THAT bad. Just to be safe, you should fire up the motor every hour or so just to make sure.

Even if you do drain the battery, it's not like there aren't TONS of pats fans around that are willing to help a guy out and give a jump. I've probably jumped or loaned cables out to at least one person at every game I have been at. :D

I love that ride. I have never been to a game in Gillette. In Oct I am hoping my group and I can hook up with a great tailgate crew.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back