PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tailgate plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzFritz

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Last weeks strategy was clear: break out the tents, heaters, generator and HDTV, watch the first game in the parking lot (while deep frying a chicken!). Then bundle up and walk Rt 1 for the game.

This week, it looks to be warmer and sunnier, and we have the early game.

Idea: simpler tailgate, no tents, no heaters. Then AFTER the Pats tremendous victory, hit one of the bars at Patriots Place for the late game....? (Or we could go back the hedonistic 2nd tailgate with HDTV)

Any suggestions on bars ?

What's your plan ?

-- FRITZ

'Warmer' is a relative expression and it'll still only be in the 30's. Nevertheless, the 3pm start time is perfect as I can get home and not be wiped out for work the next day.
Our group will be about 10-15 and plan on caravaning in about 10:45. Gotta remember that there'll be alot of pregame stuff so we want to be in our seats no later than 2:30-2:45

'Warmer' is a relative expression and it'll still only be in the 30's. Nevertheless, the 3pm start time is perfect as I can get home and not be wiped out for work the next day.
Our group will be about 10-15 and plan on caravaning in about 10:45. Gotta remember that there'll be alot of pregame stuff so we want to be in our seats no later than 2:30-2:45

hmmm. we tend to just make the kickoff at most games. what is the pregame stuff? sounds good.

-- FRITZ

My tailgate will be me turning on my electric fireplace and drinking lots of beer :D

I live in Manhattan. My Tailgate is Order-In food from Outback just down the street (great ribs and lots of appetizers), fire up the plasma and make sure the ice maker is full and the bar is stocked.

To each his own! Go Pats!!!

Last edited:
Just a health and safety note to all those going to the game, courtesy TFB: Remember to, um, hydrate well.

I did the same exact same thing (except for deep frying the chicken).

Pat's game day is on at 11am and Pittsburgh / Washington NHL game is on at 1pm.

That's it for local HDTV unless you want to watch cooking shows on PBS...lol.

Will have the tailgate packed up by 2pm to make it into the stadium early to see the pregame stuff.

I think the bars at Patriot Place will be packed after the game. They will probably be packed during the game.

We plan to tailgate after the game until 1/2 time of the 2nd game. Then we will make the 15 min. trip home and watch the rest.

Question, do you put this on before or after tailgating?

Link

494575802.jpg

Question, do you put this on before or after tailgating?

Link

494575802.jpg

Looks like something your "friends" would tape to your lip after you passed out from tailgating, if you ask me. :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back