PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tailgaiting at Giants Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllabouttheVinces

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Anyone know the lay of the land for tailgating in NJ? I heard that it's limited due to new construction. I'll be down there, looking for all you Pats fans in the parking lot. Based on all the tickets for sale on the various resale web sites, we should be well represented, because Giants fans just don't seem to care whether they witness history!

you need to get a parking pass to park at the stadium or you will be bused from a satellite parking area, possibly missing part of the game

The parking pass is critical for anyone coming to the game. If you don't have it, they re-route you to some lot far away and it's a 15 minute ride in a school bus.

There are about 5,000 spaces that are unavilable because of construction of the new stadium, hence the need for a parking pass. If you have one, tailgating is fine, but they don't let you take up other spaces with tents and grills, etc.

I haven't been their since the '01 comeback win verus the Jets, however at that time, my brother and I got there early and got one of the spots that backs up to a wall of "Jeresey barriers" and they made an excellent table/base fot the BBQ. Make sure you back into the spot and leave yourself at least ten feet or so btween your tailgate and the barriers.

I was there back in the late 90's. I got there wicked early. I was actually the first one in the lot. I was expecting traffic on my drive up from Philly so left extra early. I took a nap while waiting for my friends.

Tailgating was fun and was encouraged. I think there still should be enough spaces for tailgating despite the construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes