Welcome to PatsFans.com

TABOR defeated in Maine (democrats are literally the worst people in America)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PATSNUTme, Nov 4, 2009.

1. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +168 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Just saying, as it was pointed out on another thread title about republicans.

See how stupid it looks classifying one group as literally the worst people in America. Too bad political discussion has reached this low in this country.

Discuss.

EDIT: Here a link- sorry I didn't post it before

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/128047.html
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I agree. One of the things that really bugs me is the polarization we have when talking politics. I'm a conservative guy, but I can be liberal on some topics. I don't usually politically agree with some of the people here like Patters, Wildo, PFinVA, or Holy Diver, but I respect that they have their opinions, and I think they're all well-meaning, intelligent people. Sure, when we're passionate about stuff, debates will get heated. But I really would be loathe to say something like "I hate all liberals" or "anyone who is conservative is my friend!" It's just not true. We have to step back a little and respect those with whom we disagree. And if they're not saying anything intelligent or just being hostile and/or ignorant, just ignore them.

I hate to be the "can't we all just get along guy," but here I am...
  3. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +168 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Good well meaning people can have different political points of view.

Excluding the real extremes on both sides, most people want what they think is the best for all people in this country.

To start calling one group the "worst people in America", because they don't believe the same way is really dumb in my opinion.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Bullschot. There's nothing 'well meaning' about treating some people as lesser people because you don't understand their relationship. I don't understand their relationships either. The difference between me and you is I don't think I have the right to deny another person full and complete personhood over my lack of understanding.

Your 'well meaning' political point of view is what got suspected witches burned at the stake in the 1600's.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

Psssst, there are republicans in Maine who voted For Homosexual Marriage, please don't mention it though the real crazy far left wing democrats don't like to believe it.

Remember California, the Black Community defeated homosexual marriage, the Batty Left Wing Democrats still blamed 'white churches'...................:singing:
  6. PATSNUTme

Ratings:
    +168 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

You are right. We are all backwards hicks that still go to doctors to have leaches bleed us when we break our bones.

None of us have gay people in our families and don't know any gay people. We only want he worse for them because we consider them to be subhuman.

Now I must go and see if there is any road kill that I can get to boil for our supper.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

No I'm talking about people like you, not the whole state.