Welcome to PatsFans.com

T. Rex is a Chicken!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Apr 16, 2007.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That is only if you accept that rubbish the elites call science. The truth is that chickens and T Rex were coexisting in the garden of eden with adam and that nappy headed woman eve.

3. BradyForPresident

BradyForPresident Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And i'm supposed to believe this why??? If some crazy drunk at the bus stop preaches about invisible protiens that supposedly prove chickens are just like humans, would you take him seriously? Maybe scientists know something and maybe they don't but these announcements get them grants. Why should I trust them on something I can't see for myself? Where's the proof?

4. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

:rofl:
    GOOD ONE! :eat1: :rofl:

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

I feel the same way about religion. If some crazy drunk at the bus stop preaches about God (which is more likely than him preaching about proteins), would you take him seriously? Maybe religious leaders know something and maybe they don't, but these announcements get them donations. Why should I trust them on something I can't see for myself? Where's the proof? The logical conclusion is that the intelligent person will believe in neither God nor science. :rolleyes:

6. BradyForPresident

BradyForPresident Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You dont have to believe what people say about religion, people are imperfect and can be wrong. Religion is spelled out by The Lord himself in the Holy Bible, all you need to do is read it for yourself.

7. Patters

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

You believe a book written 2000 years ago? I think that's far sillier than believing scientists who use a logical framework to devise arguments. How do you know they were telling the truth 2000 years ago? Because someone (a minister) who makes a living off that belief told you so? Your logic is convenient, but inconsistent.

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

Can you tell me how our planet got here? When, and how, did the universe start? I've been waiting for someone to explain to me how we all got here, but to dat, all they keep telling me is that there was this big bang. Of course, when I asked them what "banged", no one has a clue. Can you tell me what banged? I'm dying to find out. :D

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

Just like most things, it always comes back to tasting like chicken. :p

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

Really? So you treat each equally? Then why is it that you always trust what some scientists are telling you about the planets climate? I guess an intelligent person doesn't believe them?

Religion is about faith. Do you have it, or don't you. I have no problems with anyone who finds themselves on either side. The only problems I have is with people forcing their faith upon me, or with them pissing on someone's choice to believe. Last I checked no one has been able to tell me how we all got here, one way or the other. Until someone can, both sides need to STFU and respect the other. :D

11. Patters

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

The universe was always here, though in different forms. God came about when humankind wanted an explanation for basic things, such as birth, day, seasons, and eclipses. Hope that helps.

There was a little ball of energy that had an anomaly that built up and built up until ... BOOM! The ball of energy was always here, even older than God.

12. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I know how I got here. My dad told me when I was 12. Something about a six-pack, candles and Frank Sinatra. I dunno....

13. Patters

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

No I don't treat them equally, but was pointing out what I felt was inconsistent about BradyForPresident's reasoning.

Yes, I agree religion is about faith and you can't use the science to prove its tenets, but again I was responding to BradyForPresident's attack on science. IMHO (okay, not so humble) opinion science does a better explaining how we got here. Religion simply says, "Puff, God created us." What explanation would you accept? Science has explained how the universe as we know it started, explained how the planets formed, how life evolved, and so on. Do you reject all that? Do you really want an explanation or perhaps you would not accept any explanation that precluded the need for God.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

The universe was always here? Really? So who put it here then? Someone told me that God's always been here too, so who's lying?

Yeah, but where was the ball of energy when it exploded? If it wasn't it in the universe, then where was it, and who put it there?

:D

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

I'm the result of a bottle of Chianti gone empty. ;)

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +676 / 7 / -2

Science has said there was a big bang, a POOF, just like religion. You know, there was this big "poof", and there was the universe. The only thing they explain is mathematics there after. They still haven't showed us how it all started. I think you can see where I am going with this. To you, it's obviously science, to others, it's some greater power. I think either is possible. Of course, if you believe in God, the bigger question is, who put him/her there? :eek:

17. Patters

Ratings:
    +360 / 15 / -13

Actually, scientists have gone a long way in proving many of its theories. If you read about quantum mechanics or Einstein's theories, I think you'd be quite amazed about all that is known and understood. Much of the big bang has been proven not only mathematically, but in lab experiments and observations of outer space. Now, what came before the Big Bang? Could be God. Could be nothing. Could be something else. Science is really still quite young, but it's made great strides in explaining the mysteries of the universe. That said, there are still questions out there, so there's still room for a belief in God. .

18. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Does this mean that a T Rex could run around for a good 3 minutes after his head was chopped off? And if all the land-based dinosaurs evolved into birds, what happened to the flying dinosaurs? Did they evolve into something that just took off into space one day?

19. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

No, they went the other way and became politicians and lawyers.

20. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,646 / 9 / -19

#61 Jersey

Sorry, Eve was blonde. Didn't you see that movie, "The Bible"?