PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T.O would take less for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's going to be a tough transition for T.O. as he moves beyond being a field player. He's made plenty of money ... he should devote himself to helping kids and making appearances for charity ... he may even like it more because he will finally get positive attention for a change.

agreed. everyone said Moss was a cancer but when he came here he humbled himself. Why can't the same be for TO? If he causes any trouble, you cut him mid season. We don't need him, but a receiving corp of Moss, Welker, TO, Edelman, Price, Holt plus Gronkowski and Hernandez would be deadly.

Just as an aside, the "cut him mid-season" threat would be more powerful if he wasn't signed until after the first game of the season.

I definitely think he's worth a shot. But the question is: who would be cut to open up a spot for him? In my 53, I'd probably cut either Bussey, Wheatley, or Deaderick (in that order of priority). And where would he place on the depth chart? Probably:

Moss
Welker
Owens
Holt
Edelman
Tate
Price

Wow, when Edelman is your #5, you know you've got good depth :rocker:

But thinking realistically, I don't think it will happen. TO would probably ask for too much money, and he would probably make a big deal about not being able to wear 81 (what number WOULD he wear?!).

When you put it that way....I would be willing to cut any of the three you mentioned.

Just look at those weapons on that list of receivers.....nice gang of 7 right there.

I mean come on - baggage and all - at the right price, are you kidding me - bring him in and make him earn a roster spot in training camp. IF he has anything left and IF he can be a good guy (maybe he has matured?) what have we really got to lose here?

Our 6 wide receivers are made up of 3 vets and 2 rooks and 1 2nd year. That's a nice combo. Including the TEs, that's 9 guys to throw the ball at not including Faulk. If this team with Brady at QB can't have a successful passing attack with that crop of receivers, then replacing one of them with TO won't solve the problem. I vote no for TO.

You all know what he said about Romo, and Romo is half as good looking as Brady is. I fear for Brady's safety. The answer is no.

Just as an aside, the "cut him mid-season" threat would be more powerful if he wasn't signed until after the first game of the season.

With an offense as complicated as the patriots you'd be making almost impossible for him to be effective during the season.

When you put it that way....I would be willing to cut any of the three you mentioned.

Just look at those weapons on that list of receivers.....nice gang of 7 right there.

I mean come on - baggage and all - at the right price, are you kidding me - bring him in and make him earn a roster spot in training camp. IF he has anything left and IF he can be a good guy (maybe he has matured?) what have we really got to lose here?

carrying 7 WR just isnt realistic sure maybe coming out of camp you could squeez at another position but once an injury hits there where do you go for the roster spot? If it came to it which one do you cut when you need that space back?

I guess crazier things have happened.

A lot of you guys said these same exact things about Moss a few years back. TO has had his issues, but I think he may have been humbled by the fact teams aren't jumping at him. The team would clearly benefit from another threat like TO.

A lot of you guys said these same exact things about Moss a few years back. TO has had his issues, but I think he may have been humbled by the fact teams aren't jumping at him. The team would clearly benefit from another threat like TO.

To be fair...

2007 Moss >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2010 T.O.

Count me in as one who would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see Moss, Owens, and Holt lining up for the Patriots this season

Ah the Geriatric Squad. We will get them canes and walkers. "Hey there sonnnnnny pass me the ballllll"

As far as BB wanting TO...sure when there are icicles dripping from Satan's noze....and the when the Cubs win the World Series

I am not even talking about his attitude.

Who are you cutting to fit him on the team?

Moss, Welker, Tate, Price, or Holt........that is 5 anyone else you keep would be a STer Aiken and/or Slater. You cant say Welker might be on the PUP because he might not be and if he is you are just defering the decision and it still would likely need to be made.

Count me in as one who would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see Moss, Owens, and Holt lining up for the Patriots this season

This guy has already decided to keep Moss and Holt so he is cutting a 3rd round draft choice before you can develope him.

Last edited:

That humble will last well at least a few hours after a team signs him....

Please TO is jsut going around begging he's going to say the same thing in every city he goes too

TO wasn't the "team cancer" here in Dallas everyone made him out to be - and had nothing to do with any of our Dec meltdowns.

Yeah - without him last year, we finished strong before losing to Minny midway through the playoffs. However - we got lucky against an injury-riddled "we were begging to lose" Saints team that got us back into the playoff hunt last year when it looked like we were headed for another Dec meltdown. And the Eagles lost their starting C Jamaal Jackson before they played us in the last week - Eagles loosing Jackson CRIPPLED their OL those 2 games.

TO would take less... Less than what? Would he pay to play for the Pats? 'Cuz I don't see anybody else making any offers.

Besides, if he did sign with the Pats, I can't imagine it lasting for more than a year. Maybe he still has the skills, and maybe it won't take him that long to catch on with the offense, but would that seriously outweigh the cons: somebody getting cut, reps taken away from our young receivers who need to be developing, possible attitude/locker room issues, etc?

Would we have to endure him crying in a press conference after a tough loss? *Sob* "That's my quarterback, man. *sniff* Tommy's my quarterback."

TO would take less... Less than what? Would he pay to play for the Pats? 'Cuz I don't see anybody else making any offers.

Besides, if he did sign with the Pats, I can't imagine it lasting for more than a year. Maybe he still has the skills, and maybe it won't take him that long to catch on with the offense, but would that seriously outweigh the cons: somebody getting cut, reps taken away from our young receivers who need to be developing, possible attitude/locker room issues, etc?

Would we have to endure him crying in a press conference after a tough loss? *Sob* "That's my quarterback, man. *sniff* Tommy's my quarterback."

I somewhat agree with this statement, no one is offering bull..nor crap. SO WHY NOT TAKE A ONE YEAR FLYER?! Would it really hurt this team to take a one year vet MIN on TO?

I think not.

Who are you going to cover? Moss? T.O.? Holt? (All 'probably' going to the H.O.F.)...then you have...what's his name? WELKER? Then the 'other white meat' Edleman? Price? Tate?

Who cares? You want to win? Play for BB and Brady, end of story.

What does PatJew say? SIGN THE BEAST! :rocker:

I feel like picking up TO is a good short term move but a horrible long term one. If one of the missing pieces that's keeping your team from having a legit change at the big dance is WR, then you take a shot on a cheap veteran like TO. And maybe magic happens.

But with the Patriots transitioning and having spent so many resources on young receivers lately they need to develop them. TO hitting the field would stunt that development. The young guys already have their veterans to look up to anyways - Moss, Welker, Holt, Patten, Crumpler, Taylor.. etc. If they were lacking a veteran presence he would be a good pickup.

TO wasn't the "team cancer" here in Dallas everyone made him out to be - and had nothing to do with any of our Dec meltdowns.
Agreed. The Cowboys just didn't know how to win and have a terrible coaching staff (after Parcells left).
Yeah - without him last year, we finished strong before losing to Minny midway through the playoffs. However - we got lucky against an injury-riddled "we were begging to lose" Saints team that got us back into the playoff hunt last year when it looked like we were headed for another Dec meltdown. And the Eagles lost their starting C Jamaal Jackson before they played us in the last week - Eagles loosing Jackson CRIPPLED their OL those 2 games.
If I'm not mistaken, the Saints didn't have many guys out or anybody too significant. The Cowboys beat them straight up and showed they can match up with them. However, the Cowboys struggle against strong pass rushers like the Vikings D-line.

As far as the Eagles go, one center does not cripple your entire offense. In fact, it's a cop out. The Cowboys were the best team in the division in 2009 and look to be the best team in the division for the next few years.

If the Cowboys can avoid the Vikings, they have a very good chance of making the super bowl.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back