PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T.O. taken to hospital for undisclosed reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a huge TO fan, but let's pray he's ok!

Whatever it is I am just hoping he is O.K. and specifically well enough to play against Philly in 2 weeks..That will be a classic

I hate feeling empathy toward any, IMO, jerk like TO, but honestly I hope he will be OK.

Word is that he had a reaction to painkillers.

Hope he's ok...even if he is an @ss.

Our local sports radio show is saying they are hearing Fox Sports reports that it was a suicide attempt. I'm trying to find a link......

My friends from Dallas just sent me this info in an email:

from the WFAA website:

According to a Dallas Police report obtained by news 8, Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night. The report also says that Owens was depressed and reportedly took prescription pain pills. A woman companion observed him putting two pills in his mouth. The woman says the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18th and until yesterday he'd taken only five pills. According to the police report, Owens was asked if he'd taken the rest of the prescription. Owens said yes. According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered yes. Terrell Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

Last edited:
The CNN banner headline says it was a suicide attempt as well.

I am absolutely stunned. I hope he is OK. Clearly there is a lot going on that we don't know about with himm , despite the constant media coverage.

In a lighter side of the same story:
On Tuesday, the Cowboys also practiced without tight end Jason Witten, whose wife was having a baby. Wide receiver Terry Glenn practiced, albeit with several stitches in his thumb.

"He was trying to cut some tape off his uniform," Parcells said. "He had his hand down in his pants and he missed. Fortunately he cut his hand.
---
Now this is just me but I would never put scissors down my pants for any reason.

PatsRI said:
In a lighter side of the same story:
On Tuesday, the Cowboys also practiced without tight end Jason Witten, whose wife was having a baby. Wide receiver Terry Glenn practiced, albeit with several stitches in his thumb.

"He was trying to cut some tape off his uniform," Parcells said. "He had his hand down in his pants and he missed. Fortunately he cut his hand.
---
Now this is just me but I would never put scissors down my pants for any reason.

He's lucky he only cut his HAND.

This does surprise me. The guy appeared to be totally in love with himself and those are the type of people less likely to try to harm themselves.

But, I hate to see that in anyone, except muderers and child molesters.

I hope that he can get the help that he needs and becomes a better person.

PaulNEPats said:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9687664

The doctors are trying to induce vomiting. Even though he's an ass, you hate to hear this kind of news.
The second I heard this story on the radio I thought something was fishy. Sure enough, DrudgeReport says it was a suicide attempt and posted a link to a story that he took 35 painkillers. According to this story, his prescription was for 40, he took 5 as prescribed and then all the rest last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back