PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T.O. has agreement in principle with Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
F.B.N. said:
Official now: I doubt anyone is surprised.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2373488

Nope - this has been the worst kept secret for a few days now.

You gotta love the reporters that think they "scooped" this story with today's announcement - we've been talking about it here for the last two days!

My only question is about this "agreement in principle"

I had no idea that T.O. HAD any principles!

JoeSixPat said:
I had no idea that T.O. HAD any principles!

He has Principle...the principle on the talent loan.

But I like what BledSoap said:

"I'm going in with my eyes wide open," said his newest quarterback, Drew Bledsoe. "I know there have been some issues. But at the same time, going forward from here,(I got SCREWED in New England...Stars don't lose their job due to injury and PAYBACK IS A B1TCH YO!! I MEAN YO-DA!!!) I don't see how it helps us to dwell on some of the stuff that (YODA DID) in the past."

(I added the Lavender paraphrase):D

Seriously...Bledsoe was all done when he went to Buffalo and almost all done when he went to Dallas. Now he finds himself with Terry Glenn, Terrell Owens and a pretty good team. Who says athletes don't have 9 lives.

Turd81.jpg

And where was Parcells at this photo op?

POSTED 7:50 a.m. EST, March 19, 2006

TUNA'S T.O. SILENCE IS DEAFENING

With each passing hour, the failure of Cowboys coach Bill Parcells to say something/anything about the team's acquisition of receiver Terrell Owens will be interpreted by league insiders -- and most importantly the other players on his team -- as the absence of an endorsement of the decision of owner/G.M. Jerry Jones to throw a lasso around a maverick with a belly full of loco weed.

As one league source who watched the video of the press conference told us, "If Parcells was onboard he either would have been there or at least had a prepared statement. When Owens was asked what Parcells had said to him he basically admitted he really hadn't talked to him. Now don't you think that if Parcells really wanted him he would have at least had a conversation or two with him?"

And in response to the various Cowboys fans who reminded us that Parcells hasn't attended any of the press conferences introducing new players in his three seasons with the team, this one is a little bit different, don't ya think?

At a bare minimum, there should have been something from Parcells to indicate his imprimatur of this specific personnel move.

As we explained last night, there are players who are not inclined to welcome Owens onto the team, and they are interpreting the Tuna's silence as a license to dislike the entire situation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back