PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T J Housmanzadeh today on NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Dont know if anyone saw it....he made some pretty childish comments today..said
he never thought the patriots had any chance going into the game and that the bengals would be 4-0 by end of sunday .and said he heard Sat night hobbs is out wilson is out and says ..."they have problems as it is with those guys in the lineup"....
seemed like sour grapes....what amazes me is that this team has won similar games in the past and his comments were like as if it was a 1 off fluke

He laid the whole loss on himself and the Bengals for getting too arrogant, my take on his comments tonight wasn't negative at all, more a humorous look at his club's immaturity. I didn't read any disrespect into his comments that many ahem 'fans' hadn't already posted here.

Did you think that talent = intelligence? Remember (and at this point I might make it my 06 modo, 4 Plays)he made those statements based off of four plays! The Bengals only draft players based on talent.

They are the perfect example of why BB and Pioli are unbelievable, not only do they draft/sign talented players they draft/sign smart, ethical players and they win!

Last edited:
Yeah, recognizing your mistakes and admitting them on National TV is pretty childish.

Loser...I have lost all respect for TJ.

SVN said:
he never thought the patriots had any chance going into the game and that the bengals would be 4-0 by end of sunday .and said he heard Sat night hobbs is out wilson is out and says ..."they have problems as it is with those guys in the lineup"....
seemed like sour grapes....what amazes me is that this team has won similar games in the past and his comments were like as if it was a 1 off fluke
I have just seen the replay of that interview and I have zero clue where you are coming from with this. I don't see how any objective person can call his comments "sour grapes".

alamo said:
I have just seen the replay of that interview and I have zero clue where you are coming from with this. I don't see how any objective person can call his comments "sour grapes".

Not sour grapes. Just plain stupid. He said that he, personally, didn't think the Patriots had any prayer of beating the Bengals. That's just plain stupid. No other way to put it.

hwc said:
Not sour grapes. Just plain stupid. He said that he, personally, didn't think the Patriots had any prayer of beating the Bengals. That's just plain stupid. No other way to put it.
I disagree. The way he put it... (paraphrased) "they already had secondary problems, then Saturday night when you hear Wilson is out and Hobbs is out, you think there's no chance the Patriots win." Probbaly half the people here agreed with him. He was obviously wrong, but it wasn't a completely unreasonable thought.

It was better then the last time ,.When marshal faulk was asking for an excuse he did say "they beat us" plain and simple.

Guys a loser and will never win the big one with his attitude. He obviously has problems respecting people. If you can't repsect your opponent you will never beat your opponent. It's scary too that Carson Palmer made some similar comments. If you can't have respect for a team that has won 3 out of the last 5 SB's who can you respect.

Back in the dumpster Bengals.

SVN said:
His best line was when he said after the game (paraphrasing from memory): "They couldn't cover us. That's why they covered us the way they did."

alamo said:
I disagree. The way he put it... (paraphrased) "they already had secondary problems, then Saturday night when you hear Wilson is out and Hobbs is out, you think there's no chance the Patriots win." Probbaly half the people here agreed with him. He was obviously wrong, but it wasn't a completely unreasonable thought.
Perhaps not, but that line of thinking is what leads a team to lose many a game. Only a fool underestimates their opponents in today's NFL. That's why BB is no doubt drilling home to the Pats right now how dangerous Miami is.

Box o' Rocks and a few others here are right - Tj Who'syourmama sounded frustrated, who wouldn't be after losing, but didn't sound "sour" grapey. Look, if you were a key part of one of the best passing teams in the NFL and a defense missing two starting DB's completely shut you down and kept you from scoring any passing TD's and embarassed you in front of your own fans wouldn't you be a little pissed about it?

He should have felt like his team would win, isn't that what you'd want from the Pats?

I don't think it sounds like sour grapes either and I do think that attitude contributed to the flat performance by the Bengals. They were coming off of a road victory over their nemesis and the Pats already exposed DBs were looking even weaker. That was a trap game for them the same way this weeks game is a trap game for the Pats.

I thought Housh make some remarks after the game like "the better team did not win" or some such Steeler-like nonsense. Did he say something like that? D&C asked Brady about that last Monday and he said "we've heard that before and maybe he'll have another chance."

I watched the piece on the nfl network with Housh and thought he was 10 times better than how he had acted with his post game comments.
I didn't have a problem with anything he said...

Don't confuse confidence with disrespect. He acted like a jerk initially, but on the NFL Network he showed the Pats respect and was fine.

I must have missed something because i don't get it.

Keegs said:
I watched the piece on the nfl network with Housh and thought he was 10 times better than how he had acted with his post game comments.
I didn't have a problem with anything he said...

Don't confuse confidence with disrespect. He acted like a jerk initially, but on the NFL Network he showed the Pats respect and was fine.

I must have missed something because i don't get it.

yeah - his comments after the game were disrespectful, but someone must have talked to him, or maybe he's just calmed down because I was surprised at how he changed his tune on nfl network and took the loss on himself as being beaten. he said maybe they took the pats too lightly, which is something young teams will do as they get better.

I agree that's one of the things that BB does well - get his team to take them one at a time and not look forward. TJ even said we were gonna be 4-0 at the break - that's classic looking forward. they'll learn. I'm sure marvin lewis is drilling them on it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down