PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Okay, I drafted this guy super late in all of my fantasy leagues thinking he would emerge at some point and I'd get to laugh at everyone passing on him. However, this bum has only scored two points in THREE weeks. Nonetheless, I have not wanted to release him because I keep thinking:

a) he's in a new offense
b) said offense is struggling right now, especially with pass protection
c) they have some really favorable matchups coming up in just a few short weeks (including our beloved Patriots and their struggling secondary)

So, I have been hesitant to release the guy after taking all of that into consideration. I feel all three are legitimate factors as of now. Am I wrong? Should I just cut the clown and free up a roster spot? What do you all think?

Unfortunately you just never know - as soon as you cut him he could blow up. But one thing we do know is he has not been the same player since he left Cin. I drafted him last year and was making similar rationalizations for keeping him that you are... I cut him and was much better off for it. It also depends on who is on your free agent pool. If there isn't anyone that would present an upgrade to your bench in comparison then I'd just keep him until someone is.

Granted he made a great catch to win the game for the Ravens yesterday, but that still isn't enough to convince me he will ever be what he was!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back