PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

T Holt or Orlando Pace for a 3rd round pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - I think I have just not paid much attention to KC, I mean I know that TG is a HOF'r and a great TE - But watching him yesterday you would have thought he was in his prime.[/quote

How many passes would he catch in this Offense? He certainly won't catch 96, like at KC. How many? 70? Unlikely. That was what the whole REST of them had after Moss, Welker and Faulk's , 200 catches.

So maybe fifty? That woud mean the other WR wasn't catching his mid-range routes to free up Moss. Trade 10 yard passes for 15 yard completions. Unlikely.

How about thirty or forty?

We already get thirty catches from Watson and Thomas. So what's left? Multi-milions for 10-20 more and probably shorter catches? Sorry not worth it.

I'll keep the third and the multimillion dollar salary, S'il vous plait.

There simpley aren't enough footballs to go around.

There wouldn't be enough Defensive Backs to go around either.

One of the main reasons I advocate upgrading the #3 wide receiver spot is b/c the #3 wideout in this system has such an opportunity to be a weapon given we have the Defense-changing Moss on the other side, and a quality slot wideout in Welker.

Moss makes the game 10 on 9 when we have the ball.

Finally I post I agree with. The ONLY issue is salary. Getting Holt for a 3rd would be a steal.

You'd have to be ******ed NOT to trade a 3rd for Torry Holt. That's absurd, this story can't be true.

You do understand that a 3rd rounder, IF HE IS CONTRIBUTER AT ALL, will likely take two years to develop. With the normal four year contract, we would HOPE to get two years of production in 2011 and 2012. And just BTW, I do not accept for a moment that Holt has only two more years of productive football at the level of Gaffney who we had on the squad in this position last year. Holt is a major upgrade.

Maybe a 4th.. nothing more.. Draft is too deep this year especially to be dealing away first three rounds for a 2 year lease..

How many passes would he catch in this Offense? He certainly won't catch 96, like at KC. How many? 70? Unlikely. That was what the whole REST of them had after Moss, Welker and Faulk's , 200 catches.

So maybe fifty? That woud mean the other WR wasn't catching his mid-range routes to free up Moss. Trade 10 yard passes for 15 yard completions. Unlikely.

How about thirty or forty?

We already get thirty catches from Watson and Thomas. So what's left? Multi-milions for 10-20 more and probably shorter catches? Sorry not worth it.

I'll keep the third and the multimillion dollar salary, S'il vous plait.

I don't know how many he would catch, and I really don't care - Individual goals are for the Cowboys and their fans. ;)

What I do care about is sustaining drives and scoring - TG, Moss and Welker....that's a freakin' defensive nightmare.

You do understand that a 3rd rounder, IF HE IS CONTRIBUTER AT ALL, will likely take two years to develop. With the normal four year contract, we would HOPE to get two years of production in 2011 and 2012. And just BTW, I do not accept for a moment that Holt has only two more years of productive football at the level of Gaffney who we had on the squad in this position last year. Holt is a major upgrade.

No to mention that we have an extra third rounder with the Samuel departure. Holt is an all pro who Brady would love to throw to and he would be a definite upgrade over Gaffney who we could just not resign and use that money on Holt. The money is the only issue here so does anyone know exactly what his cap hit would be for us this year??

The problem of course is the money. We have almost no cap room until Cassel is traded.

I don't know how many he would catch, and I really don't care - Individual goals are for the Cowboys and their fans. ;)

What I do care about is sustaining drives and scoring - TG, Moss and Welker....that's a freakin' defensive nightmare.

They already have a nightmare. Moss, Welker, Faulk, Gaffney, Warren, and Thomas, and occasionally someone else as a change up. The only reason it was only #4 and not #1 again, was Cassel was breaking in for the first half dozen games; and we found a feared and deep running game too. :)

Warren as a receiver would indeed be a nightmare. I assume you mean Watson. However, neither Watson or Thomas has been much of a threat to catch the ball. I would note that Gaffney is a free agent.

At least part of the reason for being #4 is that we played the three worst divisions. We beat up on the sisters of the poor. I understand that we played all the 2007 division winners; we lost all those games. And we did split with the mighty jets and fins.

They already have a nightmare. Moss, Welker, Faulk, Gaffney, Warren, and Thomas, and occasionally someone else as a change up. The only reason it was only #4 and not #1 again, was Cassel was breaking in for the first half dozen games; and we found a feared and deep running game too. :)

Let's settle this once and for all. Don't be surprised if the Pats part ways with one of their top picks for a "big name player". This team is built to win now! Brady, Moss and Seymour are above 30. I'm sure BB doesn't want to coach forever and will probably retire when Brady retires. Unless they find a buch of Jerod Mayo's, bringing in a crap load of rookies will help the team in the long term but not the short term. In a sense, the "window" is closing because of the age of their top players. With that said, Holt can still play and for the people that say "he has lost a step" are crazy. His QB's suck and always get injured and the O-line is one of the worst in the league. WR's are going to look bad when these two things happen. If Holt were a Pat, he'd pull a Randy Moss and completely dominate again. Holt is a ridiculous route runner and has quickly become the most forgotten WR in the NFL. All I'm saying is that don't be surprised if the Pats trade a high or mid draft pick for a "big name player".

Last edited:
Sell pats to jerry jones for the cowboys and all the dreams in this thread will come through lol.

looks like a bit of COWBOY envy of signing bit time players so they can crap.

I think picking Holt would be an instant upgrade over Gaffney. And for all the people who say he's lost a step have to look no further than Jerry Rice and Randy Moss whom when playing on bad teams everyone said had lost a step but when put on good teams put up their usual numbers and took their teams to the Super Bowl(even though both lost).

I think you have to specifically Game Plan Moss, Welker and TG - I do NOT think you have to game plan Gaffney and Faulk - Warren and Thomas? Ok, I would agree that would be very interesting, but I just don't think they have the hands and speed. ;)

I think picking Holt would be an instant upgrade over Gaffney.

This is not a criticism of you for stating the obvious, and something I agree with completely. Just wanted to point out that it's SAD and absurd that we actually have to type things like "I think picking Holt would be an instant upgrade over Gaffney."

HOW IS THIS EVEN AN ISSUE???? What is WRONG with some people on this site? Yeah, I think Torry Holt MIGHT be an upgrade to Jabar Gaffney. I also think if the Lions somehow ended up with Belichick, he'd help their team! Also, George Clooney has a better shot with women than I do! I THINK so, anyway!

LOL, this site is hilarious at this point. Unreal.

"Several scouts and coaches" tell Rams beat writer Jim Thomas that they don't believe Torry Holt is washed up.

Thomas is sticking to his guns on his report that St. Louis was offered a first-round pick for Holt at last October's trade deadline. Holt has lost a step, but his lack of desire to play under the previous coaching staff may have impacted his effort. He's the most likely trade candidate on the Rams' roster.
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back