PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sweeping the Texas Triangle?

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
When is the last time a team has done this? But the Celtics have the chance to accomplish just that tonight. They have already beaten the Spurs in San Antonio, and snapped the Houston Rockts' 22 game winning streak. I would think of the 3, the Mavericks don't seem as tough a foe. They don't have the physical presence in the middle to matchup vs Garnett, and Dirk Nowitzki's play has dropped off from his previous mvp levels. Let's sweep the triangle! I'd love to know when the last time this was done by the Celtics or any other team. As it would be an awesome accomplishment if it happes tonight.

Awesome! Ray Allen hits the 3 to regain the lead with about 20 seconds left.

When is the last time a team has done this?.

I think ESPN said it was last done by Sacramento in 2001 and the last Celtic team to do it was in 1986....IIRC it was either 84,85 or 86 when the Celtics did it on a great game by Greg Kite (game of his career) hitting a layup as time expired because everybody else was in foul trouble or had fouled out.....

the Celtics actually have a very good chance to win the NBA title . that is mind blowing when you stop and think about it. it was just last year when they got boned in the lottery and set a team record for loses in a row. :eek::eek:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back