PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Swann to run for Governor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill B.

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I just saw that Lynn Swann was running for Governor of Pennsylvania. I don't know who makes worse governors, ex-jocks or actors.

He brings little or nothing to the table. The world of politics will chew him up and spit him out like it's nothing.

My claim to fame is, as a PA resident, I will get to vote for (or against) him. What a country!

He'll probably win. I hated the Steelers during the 70's (and still do), but I loved the way some of those guys played. The mad bomber Bradshaw, Jack Lambert, Franco Harris, Rocky Bleier (I liked him because he was a wounded war hero who became a good player). But I really liked Swanny, that guy had such body control on the sidelines, great catches in the Super Bowls, a really explosive, yet slick player. When we drafted Terry Glenn, I always thought he was Swann-like, but he has been too inconsistent to come close to wearing Swanns jock. Though his stats are better than Swann's (not TD's though), Swann wasn't afraid to go over the middle, so he suffered some injuries. Glenn is more of an outside receiver.

SoonerPatriot said:
He brings little or nothing to the table. The world of politics will chew him up and spit him out like it's nothing.

That's what they said about Schwartzanegger.....yikes

I'm with you Shakadave. I don't care who is running against him.
I will vote against him. He's running as a republican. I doubt if he
will do well in eastern part of state where more people live.

scott99 said:
That's what they said about Schwartzanegger.....yikes

And judging from Ahnold's latest approval ratings, I'd say they were right.

Steve Largent ran for gov. in my state (Oklahoma) as a conservative, evangelical christian republican. My state is the buckle of the bible belt, and argualbly one of the most conservative in the country. Largent had been a congressman and an hugely popular figure here since his playing days at the University of Tulsa and later on with the Seahawks.

He brought lots of money, charisma and his political views were more or less in lock step with a state that hasn't voted for a Demorcrat for president since 1964.

He lost to a little known state senator who not only survived a vicious run off for his own party's nomination, but also had a shoe string budget to begin with.

So I guess what Im saying is as a political junkie, pardon me if I've seen this dog and pony show before. Largent lost in a state with little or no political diversity. You almost have to be a buffoon to lose a state wide election as a Republican here. On the other hand, Penn. is very diverse politically as the last two presidential elections have shown.

I think if Swann had real ideas he might stand a chance but when he's been asked his poistion on certain issues, he says he hasn't articulated a position yet. Not a good start.

I would vote for him, but he hasn't even made it out of the primaries yet.

Got to be better than that idiot eagles fan we have for a governor now. We have a state legislation session on property tax reform and where is he? Down in philly do eagles post game live, thanks for doing your job. This would kill him though because he will have no support out west, cya ED, nice knowing ya!

Bill B. said:
I just saw that Lynn Swann was running for Governor of Pennsylvania. I don't know who makes worse governors, ex-jocks or actors.

He could not possibly be worse than Slick Willie Rendall. Rendall is a joke even among the most liberal citizens. He has accomplished absolutely NOTHING since becoming governor and is not respected by anyone!!!

Neither do I

Bill B. said:

But add lawyers to the list and it's no contest.

Reagan vs Kemp? JC Watts vs Thompson? Better than lifelong pols or lawyers, I guess. Mostly, though, for me at least, it depends on the candidate.

I'll reserve judgement on Lynn's political viability until he articulates his positions and executes a campaign.

Run Lynn Run!

has a ring to it...

Interesting how all the ex-football players who go into politics are Republicans.

R

Why don't we just move this off the football board. Put it on the Political forum where it belongs.

Politics ruins the football forum.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes