PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suspension Hangovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Bolden and Cunningham let down the team by being suspended by the league last year. Cunningham, when he came back, couldn't pass Francis in the depth chart.

Both are now fighting for roster spots.

I think that this is NOT a coincidence.

You could be right. I think acquiring Blount was just a straight up lets trade the running backs we have no use for. It's obvious why we wanted to dump Demps after he chose track over football.

Granted Blount will compete with Bolden for a spot, but I don't Bill is fuming at Bolden over the suspension. I think it's just a coincidence that they play the position in a similar way.

As a side note getting Blount for Demps and a 7th is a steal.

Bolden and Cunningham let down the team by being suspended by the league last year. Cunningham, when he came back, couldn't pass Francis in the depth chart.

I think not much can be read into the Bolden situation we got something for nothing for the guy that might be beating him out.

Cunningham on the other hand I think the staff saw a guy that sucked for 2 years came back with a lot of added muscle and was good for half a year before getting busted for PEDs than sucked again.

They probably put 2 and 2 together and realize the "ok" player Cunningham was last year was ahem enhanced slightly and never coming back ;)

I might be misremembering, but weren't there some rumblings of Bolden getting complacent?

Let's just say it's a good thing we don't have to rely on these 2 for anything. One sucks w/o PED's and the other can't stay healthy, even if they didn't enhance his ability

Now granted, I'm the kind of the guy who doesn't are about athletes using PEDs as long as its on the DL.

That said, remember that if you get caught you're being stupid about testing. If a team cuts a player because his talent is due to PEDs, they're cutting him because they think he won't be able to hide it. The testing program is easy to dodge if you know what you're doing,

If Bill thinks Cunningham can return to pre-suspension form and can smarten about about the testing schedule he'll make the team.

I think not much can be read into the Bolden situation we got something for nothing for the guy that might be beating him out.

Cunningham on the other hand I think the staff saw a guy that sucked for 2 years came back with a lot of added muscle and was good for half a year before getting busted for PEDs than sucked again.

They probably put 2 and 2 together and realize the "ok" player Cunningham was last year was ahem enhanced slightly and never coming back ;)

Cunningham didn't suck for two years, he was one of the better OLB rookies we've seen around here in some time. It is hard to say he "sucked" after coming back when he rarely even saw the field. Of course, we can lean on Bill in deciding who should have been on the field, but it is possible that there were other factors.

All that said, I have a hard time seeing Cunningham making this roster. NE has filled out some of the interior pass rushing DL spots that made Jermaine attractive last year and he just isn't that good of a 4-3 DE. The odds are even less in his favor if Buchanan is the prospect some think he is.

Bill Belichick has a long memory. I also believe that Ryan Allen, punter
from Louisiana Tech., was signed to screw Wes Welker's agent. Zoltan Mesko and a numbers of other players have Welker's agent.

from Louisiana Tech., was signed to screw Wes Welker's agent. Zoltan Mesko and a numbers of other players have Welker's agent.

How does that possibly make sense? Screwing with the head of your punter just to annoy his agent????

Anyhow, after Kraft lowered the hammer on Welker's agent, there isn't really a lot more revenge needed.

If that conspiracy theory is valid, then should we not also expect him to screw with Jake Bequette, Alfonzo Dennard, Aaron Hernandez, Nate Solder and Shane Vereen too?

After all, every one of those players is represented by David Dunn as well.

Athletes First | Athletes

Last edited:
I might be misremembering, but weren't there some rumblings of Bolden getting complacent?

I like Bolden, but IF TRUE, the former UDFA is as dumb as a U Mass Dartmouth "student"

Cunningham didn't suck for two years, he was one of the better OLB rookies we've seen around here in some time. It is hard to say he "sucked" after coming back when he rarely even saw the field. Of course, we can lean on Bill in deciding who should have been on the field, but it is possible that there were other factors.

All that said, I have a hard time seeing Cunningham making this roster. NE has filled out some of the interior pass rushing DL spots that made Jermaine attractive last year and he just isn't that good of a 4-3 DE. The odds are even less in his favor if Buchanan is the prospect some think he is.

C'mon man he sucked he was ok his rookie year which is fine to talk about if he made any improvements following. It's very easy to say he sucked the next year entirely because he didn't see the field. Bill plays the guys that can play. Last year he was good and that might be due to PEDs. He now might get cut before his rookie deal ends according to you that is the definition of suck for a second round pick.

But I agree he won't make the roster probably if his play after the suspension is any indication. If he doesn't make it that means we improved the position so I'm fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots