PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Suspension-Gate ... You Know it's Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also want somebody with Patriot ties (Matt Light comes to mind) to post a "Where's Tommy" Waldo type of format using Gillette Stadium as the venue.

The insanity of Brady's suspension merits a weekly tweaking of Goodell and his collection of kooks, drunks and thieves.....aka NFL owners.

Brady can’t “engage in any team football-related activities or discussions with teammates, even if away from the club facility.”

Brady would never do it but I would love to see him invite his entire receiving corp over to the house and take pictures of them playing catch out in the yard......with a frisbee.

And he would sit the rest of the year. He cannot talk to his teammates - because he can't prove it was not about football. I realize people are making fun, but you seriously cannot screw around with Goodell on this. Get it over, and then get on with the business of making that SOB having to hand the Lombardi to Brady.

Yes, I understand the commissioner manufactures evidence and the whole deflategate thing is a scam, but I'm trying to figure something out straight up:

We know suspended players can't go to team facilities or be in touch with team personnel (there actually is an exception whereby players who are injured may consult with team doctors). But are suspended players allowed to associate with other players? I always thought they could, and I would be very interested if anyone knows the answer or has any evidence to the contrary.

Technically yes he can talk to his teammates and socialize with them. They just cannot discuss anything football/team related or play catch or run drills or anything of that nature.

The issue is that is impossible to enforce unless Brady records his every interaction with them showing evidence he did not engage in the activity mentioned above. The best option to remove all doubt is to just stay away and dont talk to anyone from the team. Better yet dont associate with anyone who has ever had any league ties (no former players/coaches/prospects or media). He essentially needs to be a hermit for a full month.

Technically yes he can talk to his teammates and socialize with them. They just cannot discuss anything football/team related or play catch or run drills or anything of that nature.

The issue is that is impossible to enforce unless Brady records his every interaction with them showing evidence he did not engage in the activity mentioned above. The best option to remove all doubt is to just stay away and dont talk to anyone from the team. Better yet dont associate with anyone who has ever had any league ties (no former players/coaches/prospects or media). He essentially needs to be a hermit for a full month.

so a ultra competitive athlete has to shut down for 4 weeks, cannot talk about it, cannot talk to anyone and has to stay away from all training facilities

yup

seeing a 8 game suspension happening......

I would not put it past the insanely jealous, corrupt NYJFL to hire a PI firm to keep 24/7 tabs on TFB
They do not have to do anything illegal to follow and investigate him. If goodell determines something may have happened that is a # integrity issue he can start an investigation and summon Brady's phone.
Who doubts he would do that?
Did I mention wire-tapping? No. Spying on someone? Yes, and that's not any sort of offense and it's totally legal when the person being monitored is required to abide by certain restrictions in regard to personal contact - and that's Tom Brady.

Okay guys, you stay paranoid then.... :rolleyes:

Brady will be followed by a man in a trench coat and top hat for four weeks I guess... His every move will be recorded and calculated. Every bowel movement, everytime he opens up his $200 cook book, every time he takes a bite of avocado ice cream... it will all be logged by the Private Investigator.

Sounds legit...

Brady will be followed by a man in a trench coat and top hat for four weeks I guess... His every move will be recorded and calculated. Every bowel movement, everytime he opens up his $200 cook book, every time he takes a bite of avocado ice cream... it will all be logged by the Private Investigator.

Sounds legit...

Maybe they will have a chip implanted.

If Brady even farts in the general direction of team mates/team personal, Goodell will increase his suspension.

Sounds legit...
You're embellishing and exaggerating the scenario which is likely to occur. It's a familiar strategy, in fact Goodell and the NFL employed exactly the same one. Look, you can wallow in your naïveté, but pretending that The Dope and his minions will operate above board won't make it happen. The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy love you. Sleep well...

If I were Brady, Id be building a full cinder block, covered training facility in his back yard. Just to **** with the league.

Brady can do anything but...

A) Be at the stadium
B) Practice with the team
C) Communicate with any member of the organization electronically
D) Supervised workout or meeting on/off prem by a team employee

He can't even meet Dorito Dink for a beer.
NFL notes: Suspension rules leave little wiggle room for Tom Brady

According to this, he can't contact coaching, or any form of staff. he can contact his teammates "friends" but can't talk about football with them. lol

Sounds legit...
You act as if anything involving defame-gatewas legit.
2 years ago if someone explained what was going to happen to Brady that actually had it would sound drastically more preposterous than to think that the league that framed him will try to frame him again.

That's what I am expecting him to do. I don't know if he is allowed to give media interviews, but this is the perfect excuse not to. I wouldn't even be surprised if he goes on a full out social media blackout where we don't even see, for example, a ThrowBackThursday picture or anything like that.

Did I mention wire-tapping? No. Spying on someone? Yes, and that's not any sort of offense and it's totally legal when the person being monitored is required to abide by certain restrictions in regard to personal contact - and that's Tom Brady.
It is legal to observe (i.e. spy on) someone in public or otherwise in a place with no reasonable expectation of privacy. It would be illegal to observe (i.e. spy on) someone in their domicile or other area where one has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

The fact that Brady is forbidden from certain behavior by virtue of his suspension does not give his employer the right to violate federal law.

You're embellishing and exaggerating the scenario which is likely to occur. It's a familiar strategy, in fact Goodell and the NFL employed exactly the same one. Look, you can wallow in your naïveté, but pretending that The Dope and his minions will operate above board won't make it happen. The Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy love you. Sleep well...

Yup, I'm embellishing and exaggerating for simply pointing out that Brady can and will be filled in with any information that's deemed necessary by practical means, yet you and the other knuckleheads paint it as an impossibly that's filled with paranoid nonsense...

Cool, keep on keeping on...

Last edited:
You act as if anything involving defame-gatewas legit.
2 years ago if someone explained what was going to happen to Brady that actually had it would sound drastically more preposterous than to think that the league that framed him will try to frame him again.

I'm not acting like that at all, nor do I believe it. Did you actually read what I've wrote, or did you pick and choose to try and fit it into your narrative?

Yet still, none of what you're trying to say has anything to do with the actual subject at hand in this thread or of which I've been quoted.

Like I've said several times now, and feel free to poo poo it some more with paranoid nonsense, Brady can and will be filled in with any relevant information peretant to him throughout the four weeks he'll be out.

There's this thing called 'talking', the NFL can't stop no matter how hard you think they control everything, they especially can't stop talking from a second hand source, as in a mutal friend of Brady's teammates and coaches.

But please, carry on with the "NFL is the boogeyman" scenarios, they're pretty funny...

Last edited:
Meh, if we get another 1st round pick for Jimmy, ol' Cozy up to the NFL Bob Kraft will just give it to his best buddy Roger GoToHell

It is legal to observe (i.e. spy on) someone in public or otherwise in a place with no reasonable expectation of privacy. It would be illegal to observe (i.e. spy on) someone in their domicile or other area where one has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

The fact that Brady is forbidden from certain behavior by virtue of his suspension does not give his employer the right to violate federal law.
I never, ever suggested it does. First, it was stated here in writing that I suggested the league would engage in wire-tapping, which I never did. Now, you state that I suggested the league would violate federal law, which I never did. What's up,with you guys? Why the need to embellish and exaggerate?

Yup, I'm embellishing and exaggerating for simply pointing out that Brady can and will be filled in with any information that's deemed necessary by practical means, yet you and the other knuckleheads paint it as an impossibly that's filled with paranoid nonsense...

Cool, keep on keeping on...
You need to re-read your first sentence and then re-write it, preferably in English.

I think this was photo-shopped

really?

actually it wasn't....I know it wasn't.....do you know why it wasn't? because its in a video as part of a commercial.......so while there may not be a million Bradys around, I'm pretty sure they didn't use photoshop to achieve the effect.

You need to re-read your first sentence and then re-write it, preferably in English.

I think I'll pass, but thanks for being a Grammar Nazi on a Internet messageboard. The superintendent at your day care must be impressed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots